Wanted: plans for a 10-20Lb valveless PJ

Moderator: Mike Everman

tufty
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Wanted: plans for a 10-20Lb valveless PJ

Post by tufty » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:03 am

lovot wrote:I tried searching for Hinote Criteria on the forums, but while it was mentioned repeatedly, it was never really explained.
Google search (see below) gives this thread as the first hit : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=894 including
larry cottrill wrote:This is extremely interesting stuff, because it is an observation by a careful builder who has had considerable success with small engines, Bill Hinote. I dubbed these two factors, L/3 for the intake pipe port station and L/5 for the intake pipe length, the 'Hinote Criteria".

Read, digest, enjoy.
lovot wrote:I saw a thread about converting the FWE to a straight piped engine, but the OP hadn't figured it out at the time: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5546, the thread was abandoned before the OP tried any of the suggestions, so I won't ever know if it ever ran.
It's all about how you search. In general, phpbb's search facility is worse than useless. Feed your search queries into everyone's favourite search engine and use the site: limiter. For example, giving Google this query : "linear fwe site:www.pulse-jets.com" yields far more useful results than using phpbb's search

On the other hand, though, if you're looking for plans, your first port of call should be the stickied "plans" post, even if it involves diddling the phpbb2 URLs to fit the current phpbb3 install. Via that thread, here's a picture of steve's linear FWE running:

… from this thread (linked to the first "it runs" post). Here's the plans, to save fiddling with URLs:

lovot
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Wanted: plans for a 10-20Lb valveless PJ

Post by lovot » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 am

Thanks Tufty, I never considered using the site limiter on Google. This is exactly what I needed. I think. Now that I have a design, I should be done fabricating the engine in a couple days. It has fewer welds than PyroJoe's recipe as an added bonus!