FWE ShortLady pulsejet running on petrol

Moderator: Mike Everman

alexvandijk94
Antipspambot question: 125

FWE ShortLady pulsejet running on petrol

Post by alexvandijk94 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 am

Hello everybody!

First I want to introduce myself. My name is Alex van Dijk and I live in the Netherlands. For my exams I want to make a FWE pulsejet. The only problem is that I want it to run on petrol. Do I have to change anything from the original model to get it working with petrol?

Thanks in advance,

Alex van Dijk

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: FWE ShortLady pulsejet running on petrol

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 pm

To run it on a liquid fuel like petrol or diesel, you need to produce a mixture of atomized fuel and air. This is done either in a carburetor or with fuel injection.

If you choose fuel injection, you will need to find a way to detect the pressure pulses and have the detector instruct the fuel pump to squirt fuel at the right moment. Otherwise, fuel will be blown out of the intake, as well as sucked into the combustion chamber.

With a carb, you have the same problem. Sucking will take the mixture in, but blowing will blow it out.

The only good way is to use a pressurized tank and a vaporizer coil, which heats the fuel and turns it into vapor. Then it behaves like propane and you don't have problems.

gettylee
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: FWE ShortLady pulsejet running on petrol

Post by gettylee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 pm

hello,i built a fwe&a hpx/fwe,it was fairly easy&took about 10 hours to build&have them running&shaking my house!!! :) the hpx style is very simular to the fwe,the hpx is harder to build,but really says something!!! &has way more thrust than the fwe,the fwe was a perfect start point&can be converted to a hpx thay both run on a 14oz propane tank,but thay freez up@half a tank,unless I put the tank in warm water,than it uses all the tank,i would like to try liquid fuel in my.fwe&my hpx/fwe is there any ideas,thx much, Brian :)