Valveless Lockwood Pulsejet Project air intake problem

Moderator: Mike Everman

hinote
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Valveless Lockwood Pulsejet Project air intake problem

Post by hinote » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 pm

offom wrote:Today we cut out the flange out of exhaust tailcone. It got its steady state (with compressor sadly) quickly than before but as we stop compressor air, it stops. We will try to replace injector as you said and add 100 mm length to straight 34 mm diameter exhaust section. Try try try :?
You are NOT understanding the importance of the shape of the duct at each end of this valveless pulsejet.

At the front ("intake") end, the intake flare must be quite precise and within established limits. This promotes intake flow with minimum resistance and outflow with max. Please refer to prior art and create a simple flared cone--or better yet a bellmouth which will maximize this effect.

At the "exhaust" end you need to remove the ending flare which interferes with the important return reflection of the exhaust pulse to create more important and powerful timing events within the core of the motor.

Your efforts are mechanically laudable but are interfering with important events within the design of this engine. You need to start thinking like a pulsejet engineer now!!

Kindest Regards.

Bill

offom
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Valveless Lockwood Pulsejet Project air intake problem

Post by offom » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 pm

We searched a lot, calculated and analised a lot. But, we could not find small pulsejet plans, so I felt like Exhaust cone is a bit straight and engine may need bigger area at the exhaust to inhale a bit more. Nevertheless, I knew that It may also be useless. It was just a try :) There were 3 things we did not calculate: - Place of Injector - Direction of Injector - Place of spark plug. As other fellows said, we will go over those points. Also, we will try adding some lengths. Im an automotive engineer, those flow type things is not my job and proper engineering studies does not include "common ratios like its 1/6 of this length" I know that its all about try-fail.