I need a valveless pulsejet

Moderator: Mike Everman

blazman
Antipspambot question: 125

I need a valveless pulsejet

Post by blazman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 pm

I want to make a snow melting machine. The idea is to mount a pulse jet to the bottom of some metal cart with a heat deflector/shield above it. Maybe 8 inches about the ground. So I need a jet that will be low thrust but throws off some good heat out of the exhaust. I will mount a propane tank on the device for fuel. The flame out of the intake and exhaust will melt the snow and then the glowing pipe/heat shield will evaporate the water. The engine that this guy made would be perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHw9lInIfg

Does anyone know what it would cost to get someone to make one of these for me? I don't know how to weld or anything.

keith mcconnell

Re: I need a valveless pulsejet

Post by keith mcconnell » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 pm

I've got a 55lbs one like that one that a need to sell. If you search on youtube under geardaddyart is the user name and you will see my pulse jet. I collapsed the exhaust tube in the video but I replaced it with a new made of 304 stainless steel. Runs good. I can get new video if you want.

Keith

metiz

Post by metiz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Sounds awfully loud for a snowmelter. Maybe a ramjet is a better idea. it's not nearly as loud, produces lots of heat and not a lot of thrust (at low speeds) mount it on the front of a leafblower and you're in buisness
Quantify the world.

blazman

Post by blazman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:10 am

Well I bought a torch today to see if propane is hot enough to melt the snow and its not. I wonder what the temperature of the flame is. I think it would pretty easy make one of these ram jets. I definitely not interested in a turbine, but thanks for the offer Keith. Unless you have something else that I missed on youtube.

HPSCL

Post by HPSCL » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 am

blazman wrote:... Unless you have something else that I missed on youtube.
I made this out of spare parts that I had lying around. - I would safely assume that it could easily melt snow. Propane torches were selling between 60-100 bucks and I was being a cheapskate, as always. I would guess that a professionally-built mass produced one, with a built-in regulator is the way to go though, to get the job done safely.

keith mcconnell

Post by keith mcconnell » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 am

I was talking about this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJy7kV6XKDw

Keith