valveless pulsejet for beginner

Moderator: Mike Everman

GreenDay2244
Antipspambot question: 125

valveless pulsejet for beginner

Post by GreenDay2244 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi,

I want to build a simple pulsejet engine, but I'm an absolute beginner with pulsejets. Yesterday I saw this one: http://www.cottrillcyclodyne.com/ElektraI/ElektraI.html
Is this engine good for a beginner? Is it easy to start this engine or do I need a compressor for auxiliary air? Are the dimensions very critical or can I use scrap parts with approximately original sizes?
Or has somebody got any other suggestions for a very easy engine suitable for beginners and easy to build?

Thank you in anticipation!

Greetings

GreenDay2244

metiz

Re: valveless pulsejet for beginner

Post by metiz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Try this engine. Build it as close to the original plans as possible or risk a non runner. If you want other options, go to the obvious sticky on top of the valveless section named "looking for plans look here"

The Electra is not a very good engine (no offence, Larry)
Quantify the world.

GreenDay2244

Post by GreenDay2244 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I'm not very good at welding and building a combustion chamber like shown in the plan seems nearly impossible for me :(
It doesn't matter how good the engine is, I just want to get it running with a little bit thrust.

Greetings

GreenDay2244

metiz

Post by metiz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 pm

well depends on thrust I guess. The electra will run, obviously, and does not have an awful lot of welding seems. If your oprions are limited then in this case the Electra is the best option I guess
Quantify the world.

Vermin
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Vermin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

You could try this one simple and EZ to build, if you dont want to use a spark plug a sparkler can be used for ignition.
Cheers
and have fun
V
Attachments
EZJet.pdf
(7.55 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 am

metiz wrote:The Electra is not a very good engine (no offence, Larry)
Ha. How could I be offended with a comment so obviously true. The Elektra was designed as something simple and cheap to build "to amaze your friends". GreenDay, if you haven't seen it run, you'll find it on this hokey video (the first I ever posted):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz00R2sGqpk
Note the number of views. It may be a cheap and dirty pulsejet, but it has a strong cult following. Ha again ;-)

L Cottrill