Just a thought

Moderator: Mike Everman

nickwilson
Antipspambot question: 125

Just a thought

Post by nickwilson » Sat May 08, 2010 6:42 am

I was thing if you took a plate, Drilled holes in it with the same volume as the intake. I was thinking it would restrict the out flow, And if you made the right flair it would suck enough air in, I think if it did work it would work the best in the front of the intake. just wondering what some else thinks

nickwilson

Re: Just a thought

Post by nickwilson » Sat May 08, 2010 6:52 am

picture
Attachments
holethrust.jpg

Thor

Post by Thor » Sat May 08, 2010 11:10 am

nickwilson wrote:I was thing if you took a plate, Drilled holes in it with the same volume as the intake. I was thinking it would restrict the out flow, And if you made the right flair it would suck enough air in, I think if it did work it would work the best in the front of the intake. just wondering what some else thinks
Greetings Nick.
The one major problem with that particular idea is the operation going on in the intake while the engine is running.The forward and back movement of the air in intake must be allowed to move as free as possible, what this plate will do is choke down so hard that the engine will not function at all.In the conventional engine the intake is already modeled to such a extent as to provide enough air in the intake cycle and create enough resistance in the power cycle to give sufficient output down the tailpipe to provide a measure of thrust. The Beck-Technologies engine series are the best source of proof of this.

Jutte
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Jutte » Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Interestingly enough the recent Boeing patent - they have what could be best described
as an inner combustion chamber full of holes - just like Nick proposed but just bigger.
Sort of looks like the cooling holes of a Jet Turbine Combustion Chamber -except that instead
of a lateral hole orientation the holes are at right angles.
Also as another thought has anyone applied the 'blast shield' thingy that Bruce Simpson uses
on some of his valved jets on valveless - instead of protecting the valve petals ...directing the
majority of the combustion 'blast' down the tail pipe?

paul fellows

Post by paul fellows » Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm

this might be usefull for those people with thundercains, that suck to much air. :D
rather than sticing a sock in one of the intakes :lol:
you could restrict the flow of air on both intake equily :)
two test tickles