Help for pulsejet

Moderator: Mike Everman

Campo
Antipspambot question: 125

Help for pulsejet

Post by Campo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:05 am

Hi guys,
I am going to make a valveless pulse jet for a class at school. The biggest is can be is 1.5m long. I was thinking about just making it all out of tube, does this sound like it would work?

Intake: 180-deg mandrel bent 2.5"
Combustion Chamber: 7" tube, with plate on ends to enclose it
Exhaust: 2.5" into 3" into 3.5"

I would have a fuel tube running into the intake side of the combustion chamber, probably running on BBQ gas (Is this the best thing to run it on?) and I'd also have a spark plug just near the fuel tube for ignition (Spark plug to be run off a coil and probably 12V battery)

Does this sound about right? What length should I make each part?

Thanks,

Campo

Re: Help for pulsejet

Post by Campo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 am

Can anyone help me???

metiz

Post by metiz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 am

we need more information to tell if that is going to work. Why not save yourself some trouble and go with an existing design?
Quantify the world.

Campo

Post by Campo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:26 am

What other information is needed??

metiz

Post by metiz » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 am

length of all the tubes
Quantify the world.

Campo

Post by Campo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 am

Um, that's what this thread is for mate??? Did you even read it? I was asking how long I would need to make each part....

metiz

Post by metiz » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 am

I read it about as good as you read the "im new and I need help" topic, the "free plans look here topic"and the 12 milion other topics that ask similar questions. go with an existing design.
Quantify the world.

Campo

Post by Campo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

Sigh - Why do you even bother replying if you're going to be a fuckwit about it?????

Bruce Simpson

Post by Bruce Simpson » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:26 am

I'm starting to remember why I was way so long :roll:

HPSCL

Post by HPSCL » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 am

Campo,
No one else appears to be purposely being a "fuckwit about it", except for you - And if you truly care for an explanation to my conclusion, then please read on;

On these forums, you may find yourself attacked by a gang of Xenophobe's, because... As a "Newbie", with little more to share than the atypical: "Hey, this is what I want, so will somebody do all the work for me?"... Then you really should not expect to greeted with open arms.

All too many people have lost the meaning of the word "forum", which is supposed to be a place of open and free discussion.
And instead of simply replying to your querie with (FOR EXAMPLE) "Hey, NEW GUY!... Welcome to the forum! - Here's a generic formula for figuring out lengths/ratios of your components... Hope this helps!" They all to often get pissed, because they automatically assume, that you're just being a lazy... well, "fuckwit".

How sad, (taking your point of view into consideration) that someone would take 5 freaking days, to reply to your topic and then, only to tell you to go with an existing design, rather than replying:

"Hey... NEW GUY; Don't expect us to spoon-feed you the answers and do all of your work for you! If this is for a CLASS, then you SHOULD do the research YOURSELF". You ARE (to be quite blunt) SPECIFICALLY asking someone else for the answers, for a class that you will (most likely) receive credit on. You did not SPECIFICALLY ask if anyone had a "generic formula" for intake-to-combustion chamber-to tailpipe. You SPECIFICALLY asked for someone to figure out the dimensions for you, for a custom/non-tested/non-proven engine design.

There was nothing in your opening statement to even imply, that you searched through the "looking for plans? look here" section, nor the "Please put your (I am new and need help) question here" section, NOR the "Essential Reading" section of the Valveless Pulsejet Forum.

However, with my extremely limited knowledge - I can only tell you that it would appear that you're attempting to make some downscaled verson of a Lockwood-Hiller pulsejet engine?... and if you are, then you're "way-out-of-your-league" for a first attempt-type engine. A coaxial design, rather than you're over-under idea would be a helluva lot easier to attempt.

I also think that "if" you had gone to the trouble of including a simple picture/schematic/drawing of your idea and then asked if it looked like it would run, then people "may" have been more likely to have helped you out.

SUMMARY:
Attachments
summary.GIF
summary.GIF (8.14 KiB) Viewed 7768 times