origonal ???

Moderator: Mike Everman

Thor

Re: origonal ???

Post by Thor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm

so when thor critizised me for not doing enough reseaserch, when he had not thought enough about the sudoname he was hiding behind, i felt slighted.
for the record what the mythical pagan god Thor did with goats is, he had two of them pull him around in a cart.
yes Thor is a two goat power god
Firstly I want to get this out of the way.With the choosing of this name Paul I had no intentions of relating it to these bullshit myth's.
paul fellows wrote: it is just i have been trying to get some one to help me understand pulse jet theory and geting not a lot of suport.
It has become commonplace default to tell newcomers to use the search function in the index that has their interests set the most.
Added extra to this is to read the pdf document compiled by Bruno Ogorelec.
Paper found here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2256
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion on your method of operation was a bit to bold Paul.It was not meant to be personal.

paul fellows
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: origonal ???

Post by paul fellows » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm

agian sorry Thor
and you are right steem in the combustion chamber = a lousey jet.
but as for the other. i am a simple soul who works in simpel imiges like this.
two boys each have a sled with ten bricks on them,
they throw the bricks backwards at the rate of one brick every ten seconds,
bill throughs his bricks at the speed of 1 meter per second,
ben throughs his bricks at eth speed of 2 meters per second.
common sence tells me that ben will go faster.
but you can't always relley on common sence
two test tickles

paul fellows
Antipspambot question: 125

A big mouthed thrust augmenter ???

Post by paul fellows » Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm

A better thrust augmenter can be made by having the tailpipe of the pulse jet stick out just a little bit into a large chamber. This chamber and its associated outlet being a Helmholtz resonator tuned to the same frequency as the pulse jet. :)
hr.jpg
The area of the mouth of this resonator being between 4 and 20 times larger than the area of the tailpipe, depending upon requirements. :)
two test tickles

Thor

Re: A big mouthed thrust augmenter ???

Post by Thor » Wed May 05, 2010 7:46 pm

paul fellows wrote:A better thrust augmenter can be made by having the tailpipe of the pulse jet stick out just a little bit into a large chamber. This chamber and its associated outlet being a Helmholtz resonator tuned to the same frequency as the pulse jet. :)
hr.jpg
The area of the mouth of this resonator being between 4 and 20 times larger than the area of the tailpipe, depending upon requirements. :)
Paul.
Have you seen the thread that Erik created based for the design for a effective augmenter for a specific engine.
The operation of a augmenter is such that between each power cycle of the engine you want the augmenter to fill with as much cold dense air as possible to achieve a increase in thrust.Known as fill factor and rated from 0 to 1 with 1 being the highest.Do you have any idea of how chaotic the gas dynamics inside that thing will be.
Ohh and leave the acoustic part well alone for a augmenter.You will grind to much gears with this.

So Paul the design you are proposing falls far from any of the criteria in the design of a proper augmenter as known design's have proven to be as effective as they can be for the specific engine in use.