Hey all

Moderator: Mike Everman

Vermin
Antipspambot question: 0

Hey all

Post by Vermin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 am

Hi Larry and glad to hear your back and sorrry to hear about your your employment issues.....as such I hope for all the best in the future....I have been active on the forum with reading only....SLV....Mike I hope all is well with you and yours.
Larry I have been contemplating building the 8" FWE dual intake... advise is apriciated (spelling issues should be ignored by those that are perfect).....and any technical details .......likewise with 13......sfo
I will attach a pdf asap
Thanks

V
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

Vermin

Re: Hey all

Post by Vermin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am

Found it....as attached
advise SVP
Thanks
V
Attachments
FWE8.pdf
(52.72 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 am

Vern -

Haven't done any fine analysis (ha!) but it looks good to me. Of course, an expanded tail with larger intakes to match would be even better. But, for a simple straight tail version, that should be a nice one.

Good luck!

L Cottrill

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Vern -

If you want stainless and you're interested in saving a lot of work, I have several feet of the 4-inch OD sanitary tubing I used for my tailpipe. This is 304 stainless, perfectly round and uniform .080 inch thickness -- just like something lathe turned. Of course, that's pretty heavy and it IS expensive. By the time I cut the right length and square the ends, I'd have to get at least $100 for it, plus shipping to you. My cost was around $19.50 US per foot, and I had to buy 20 ft of the stuff.

Here's a laugh: I could also get the chamber cone custom built for you out of .080 Type 304. It would take about two weeks, and would run about $400 US. Order today! Ha. On the big one we just built, the main chamber cone cost me $400 and the front cone was $325 US.

You can PM me if interested. Ha again.

L Cottrill

PyroJoe
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by PyroJoe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Vern,
Good to hear your back.
Looks like tis' the season for 4" tailpipes. :wink:
Joe

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Gee larry your offer is excelent but I have a new TIG welder and some SS sheet to use up....I will rework the draft print ASAP....looking at it I think that the induction should be @ 45deg or close thereto......the fluid dynamics would be better (opinion only no factual evidence for those who would differ).
I will attempt the reworking this week and submit for your scrutiny. It is a direct scaling of the original FWE by Eric (I think).
Hey Joe I hope all is well with you and yours .......Grim waz up? the turbo vid didn't make it so resend SVP (still working on mine ha).
V
Vern

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 am

The draft for scutiny....some small mods and I am still going to set induction @ 45deg.....not quite 8 but close.....Larry let me know.
Thanks
V
(edit) the PDF didn't quite work out so the induction tubes are 2"
Attachments
FWE6.pdf
(52.98 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Vern

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Variant #1
single intake to start second optional and probably 1.5" instead of 2".
A bit shorter..just because.
Advise SVP
V
Attachments
FWE7.5.pdf
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Vern

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Vern -

Well, these look great, but I'll run them with UFLOW when I get a chance (give me a day or two). You don't show any dimensions that locate the intake-to-chamber transition, but I can scale them. And with UFLOW I can adjust them fore and aft from there, to see what works. 2 inches would be pretty small for a single intake on a bustle-tailed engine this size, I think, though it would obviously work. With the bustle tail you can afford to have a pretty low impedance front end -- I'd think a couple of 2-inchers would be almost ideal.

L Cottrill

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks Larry...no rush ......I am just finishing some large renovations at the casa and am looking for something (that I enjoy) to use some time (really ist's an addiction but denial is fun)...Ha
Dim added.........I can email you a DXF if you can open and use it...let me know.
Cheers
V
Attachments
FWE7.5.pdf
(7.94 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Vern

nickwilson
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by nickwilson » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:06 pm

How much thrust does FWE6,7.5 and 8 have if you guys have tested it

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:01 am

Thrust is unknown at this time, they have not been fabricated yet...if you would like...feel free to build one and try it.....I am waiting for Larry to run them through nudis (I think that's the name) and advise tweeking or final adjustments to the draft designs.....I just like the looks of the FWE.
V
Vern