Lockwood simulations, wow

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rossco
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Lockwood simulations, wow

Post by Rossco » Fri May 29, 2009 11:46 am

Hey guys,
Had another play with the Laird today, including MOST of the day rendering a flow trajectory time scale animation. Many many calculations per 1000 lines, per itteration = very tired computer. Interesting animation, although not all i was hoping for.

Uploaded to youtube this time, crap quality, need to work on better compression.
Ah, and now i realise there isnt a [ youtube ] tag, and [ flash ] is off so no embeding them.
Link is all you get for now.
Ill mediafire them when i compress the originals without loosing so much at some stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcOM7YXTr-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAWovmkof0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Finnwi0dHM

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Fri May 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Woow, now we're talking!! Thanks Rossco!!

Fedde
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

GRIM

Post by GRIM » Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes excellent work , thanks mate, :D

Axt

Post by Axt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:14 am

Rossco wrote: I never got it to run before modifying it to something else which started easier and didnt take so much freekin fuel (thanx to Eric).
Can you elaborate more on that Rossco? I too built a lockwood to plans then lost all interest when it didn't start up. Did you do a modification of scavenge it for parts?

I cant remember what i used for the 6" vs 11" conundrum, i think I used 4" or so either side of U bend.

Some may remember this picture from 5yr or so back.
Attachments
airinlocky.jpg

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by metiz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:18 am

Axt wrote:
Rossco wrote: I never got it to run before modifying it to something else which started easier and didnt take so much freekin fuel (thanx to Eric).
Can you elaborate more on that Rossco? I too built a lockwood to plans then lost all interest when it didn't start up. Did you do a modification of scavenge it for parts?

I cant remember what i used for the 6" vs 11" conundrum, i think I used 4" or so either side of U bend.

Some may remember this picture from 5yr or so back.
Is that a restrictor on your fuel line? get rid of that, so a direct feed from your tank and try again. your build looks great!
Quantify the world.

Axt

Post by Axt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Nah theres no restriction in the fuel flow, the stainless socket with brass elbow is the injector. The other bit is a blower running through a check valve for starting air.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Axt wrote:Nah theres no restriction in the fuel flow, the stainless socket with brass elbow is the injector. The other bit is a blower running through a check valve for starting air.
Well there's your problem then ;-)

Even though you have a check valve on that blower its going to screw the chamber acoustics, take it off and block that hole up, it may want to run then, feed air in the inlet only via a blower or compressor.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Axt

Post by Axt » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 am

Hi Liv, Interesting to see so many people I remember from many years back still here posting.

Yes granted I should have at least tried to run a stock spec lockwood without modifications, I was too naively confident as the time. A threaded socket and plug, as well as better injector (as is its a steel tube with lots of holes) could well have worked. I raised the issue as in the passed years more optimal dimensions may have been worked out.