Free plans

Moderator: Mike Everman

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Free plans

Post by metiz » Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Revised drawing, done by GRIM. Thanks man!

Some more dimensions have been added such as, but not limited to:

endcap
flares
angles

etc

It has come to my attention that this engine is actually VERY susceptible to any variations in the dimensions. Please only attempt this build if you are a experienced builder or confident in your metal working skills.

I've also added the cone designer files for this engine. please keep in mind that the intakes have NOT been corrected for the length of the flares. if you want to build the engine true to form, then you need to add a few mm to the length of the intakes.

Also keep in mind that cone designer does not acount for thickness of material so this needs to be corrected. If you use 0.5mm steel, add 1 mm to all the DIAMETERS. if you use 1mm material, add 2mm to all the DIAMETERS etc
Attachments
thermonese.rar
(419.51 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
thermonese_5_(Small).JPG
G__Metiz_5_lb_THERMONESE.pdf
(27.14 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Quantify the world.

ace_fedde
Antipspambot question: 0

Earthquake

Post by ace_fedde » Fri May 08, 2009 5:58 pm

On the news in the Netherlands: Another earthquake today, 3 on Richter, in the area of Groningen, The Netherlands. :?

Metiz, was that you with the Thunderquaker?!! :evil: :evil:

Enough is enough!I will tell your mommy! :evil: :evil:
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Fri May 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Metiz,
Sold hovercrafts, earthquakes, I'm fed up with the Thunderquaker :x

Turning my attention to his little baby brother (5.3 pounds).
I heard some rumours on the forum that the purchase package includes:

-A 15 euros price cut for forum members. :D
-A guided visit to the Metiz fabrication plant. :)
-Also a guided visit to the Metiz laboratories including an introduction into the NUDiS program and/or other useful software. :wink:
-During lunchbrake 1 (one!?) free coffee and a cookey (how generous :shock: that's Holland)
-After lunch a visit to the Metiz museum and hall of fame. :D
-And after all, of course, delivering of the engine, safety instructions and operating instructions during a initial firing up. :D :D

Are those just rumours, :( :( or thruth? :D :D

Fedde

metiz

Post by metiz » Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 pm

ace_fedde wrote:Metiz,
Sold hovercrafts, earthquakes, I'm fed up with the Thunderquaker :x

Turning my attention to his little baby brother (5.3 pounds).
I heard some rumours on the forum that the purchase package includes:

-A 15 euros price cut for forum members. :D
-A guided visit to the Metiz fabrication plant. :)
-Also a guided visit to the Metiz laboratories including an introduction into the NUDiS program and/or other useful software. :wink:
-During lunchbrake 1 (one!?) free coffee and a cookey (how generous :shock: that's Holland)
-After lunch a visit to the Metiz museum and hall of fame. :D
-And after all, of course, delivering of the engine, safety instructions and operating instructions during a initial firing up. :D :D

Are those just rumours, :( :( or thruth? :D :D

Fedde
1 We'll see :P
2 It's a small garage - nothing of interest except my massive pile of junk and scrap ss
3 Ah yes, nudis. Nudis would be a great program if it was just a tad bit more user friendly, I'd know how to use it. I tried a couple of times but never realy got the hang of it. As for "designing" my engines: I use a certain "back of the envelope" calculation wich gives me a fairly acurate thrust estimate. The rest of the engine(s) is designed by the very unscientific art of eyeballing. I sketch up some engine plans wich look about right, based on the cc and then make each part in google sketchup, eyeball them and correct them where needed. Rather flawwed concept but it seems to work just fine to me
4 I don't drink coffee :lol:
5 Will do. I'd be happy to give a demo (hope you have a car, you don't want to know the shit i go through normally to get to the testing grounds :P). be aware though that the nice shine will go away realy fast after it starts up.

If you are realy interested, let me know
Quantify the world.

ace_fedde

Totally infected!

Post by ace_fedde » Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 pm

I remember when I was a kid my mother send me to play with another kid who was ill from one of the children’s diseases.
Why?
Because for a couple of times I was affected by this disease but I didn’t really get ill. So she send me there to get really ill to get it over with.

The same thing I did to myself this weekend. For over a year I’m affected by the pulse jet virus through reading and studying the forum. But nothing really happened, no pulse jet build. :oops:

So this weekend I bought a pulse jet to get it over with. :D I went to Metiz and he infected me completely with this strange, and probably incurable, virus! :lol: :lol:

Haha! Welcome to myself! :D Thanks Metiz, but when the xxxx are you gonna post that video? :evil:

Fedde :D :D :D

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Tue May 26, 2009 11:19 am

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUIQC0y55sY

First Metiz shows how to do it, then I give it a try. This is the Thermonese that's on the drawing at the beginning of this thread.

Fedde

newbieflyer

Post by newbieflyer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:30 am

do you need to weld? Or can you weld with a cigarette lighter?

metiz

Post by metiz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 am

don't know how you are supposed to weld with a cigaret lighter but regardless, this engine needs to be properly welded, mig or tig
Quantify the world.

jayidian

Post by jayidian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:20 am

I think that is cool...
maybe? or what? :?:
Butuan City |

Ormoc City

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:32 am

jayidan, if you keep posting nonsense everywhere, you are not going to be around long. My apologies, but spend more time reading than posting for a while please.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:12 pm

140 meter engine is twice the length of a tractor trailer truck. That thing is large enough to live inside of it. The combustion chamber can be the bedroom. The exhaust tube can be the living room and kitchen combo.

firesafety

Post by firesafety » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 am

Hi,

i'm a new member to this forum, i've just built your free plan thermojet and it didn't start at first . I added another 130MM onto the exhaust , and waaalaaaaaaaaa it started right up. MY FIRST PULSEJET!

thanks for the plans

metiz

Post by metiz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 am

firesafety wrote:Hi,

i'm a new member to this forum, i've just built your free plan thermojet and it didn't start at first . I added another 130MM onto the exhaust , and waaalaaaaaaaaa it started right up. MY FIRST PULSEJET!

thanks for the plans
Who 130 mm!? that's not suposed to happen :) But cool that you got it going. Do you have any pics or a vid?
Actually, to my knowledge, you're the first person to have build this engine so you've got the premiere!
Quantify the world.

firesafety

Post by firesafety » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:55 pm

ill take pictures of it today or 2morrow, it's raining here in Baton rouge LA, LOL i like in a subdivision , and i don't think my nieghbor likes it to well.

it runs but it doesn't have that much thrust unless i tip my propane tank upside down to feed it liquid, then it's like 30lb of thrust.
i'm not using any regulator, just straight from tank to intake.

metiz

Post by metiz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:20 pm

firesafety wrote: it runs but it doesn't have that much thrust unless i tip my propane tank upside down to feed it liquid, then it's like 30lb of thrust.
i'm not using any regulator, just straight from tank to intake.
That would be quite a feat since the engine maxes out at 5.2 pounds. your version might push 6.5 but no more. Boy, I can't wait to see those pictures.
Quantify the world.