which pulse jet design puts out

Moderator: Mike Everman

Troy T

which pulse jet design puts out

Post by Troy T » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 am

the most thrust relative to size and weight? My name is Troy and I live in Boise, Idaho.
I am new to this whole pulse jet business but it has me extremely intrigued and I want to learn as much about them as I can. I recently built myself a rather crude lockwood hiller design with 50 dollars and pluming parts from home depot that screwed together and I actually got it to run, sorta. In order to keep it running I had to continuously hold the nozzle of an air compressor to a hole next to the intake because I do not have a fuel injector of any kind for my propane.
I am planning to build two engines out of 20 gauge 304 stainless so I can sell one to finance the other. I was going to go with the Chinese design provided on this web site but then I started to wonder which design is the best because I would like to put two smaller pulse jets on each side of my bicycle instead of just one big one on one side. I would really appreciate a response if anybody has any information on this or information on how to calculate thrust. You can either reply on here or email me at wintermohawk@yahoo.com

Troy T

Re: which pulse jet design puts out

Post by Troy T » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 am

ok so why hasn't anybody posted a reply to this? Does nobody know this information?

PyroJoe
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by PyroJoe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:28 pm

A CD from Eric will probably save you a year of scratching around for performance.
http://www.beck-technologies.com

A good read just a few posts down:

"Thunderchine" 55 lb thrust pulsejet plans

Probably not for a beginner due to the fueling rates, maybe something you want to work up to.

Joe

Troy T

Post by Troy T » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks a bunch man. Glad somebody has the time to reply :-)

PyroJoe
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by PyroJoe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Your welcome, and welcome to the forum.
Joe