G360 CONCEPT

Moderator: Mike Everman

tufty
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: G360 CONCEPT

Post by tufty » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Just trawled through this thread, and I haven't had such a big smile on my face for a long time. that's some beautiful pipework there, Grim.

GRIM
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: G360 CONCEPT

Post by GRIM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 pm

tufty wrote:Just trawled through this thread, and I haven't had such a big smile on my face for a long time. that's some beautiful pipework there, Grim.
Hi tufty
Thank you , I have had lots of fun with these engines , and it hasnt cost me much money, just lots of time , and patience ,
Charles wrote:You've done some awesome plumbing their and I love your folded up FWE, when you mention "not much to be had from this modification" how do you mean? I'd say that's simply awesome from this point of view, even if the modifications don't add or subtract any differences in weight or thrust loss or gain.. What about the dear old compact size.

On that alone, I'd say that's simply awesome, could be attached under a wing far easier then a long pipe or if anything you could wrap the whole pulse-jet in side a full cover augmenter and it should cool itself during flight too
Hi Charles,
Well, when I say theres not much to be had , I refer to the comparison between a similar sized conventional valveless pulsejet , and these folded up designs,

I had great hopes that I may be able to convert some of the heat that is radiated from the conbustion chamber into thrust , but alas it was not to be,

Your comment on the wing mounting was my principal Motive to try this , and indeed the cowl does not get anywhere near the temperature of the engine , but i fear that even if some thrust increase could be had , the greatly increased drag would cancel it out,

Consider the drag footprint of a chinese for example , compared to this, :shock:

thanks all for commenting ,