Proxy?

Post by milisavljevic » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:05 pm

multispool wrote: You know!
I do now.

milisavljevic
Antipspambot question: 125

reality bites

Post by milisavljevic » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Someone not Yoda wrote:"The shroud of the dark fibre has fallen, begun the proxy war has."
Nothing is worth another proxy war. Reminds me of that game... "whack a mole". But here they come in threes!

Mike, please amend the rules as you see fit and then post them to the thread you have opened.
Oh, and please take care of new "Challenge" questions. I'm sure that you will do a better job of it than I. Natch!

As long as this contest survives, then it will be worth the hassles. If you are diligent, it will survive. Be diligent!

Eject!
M.
no safe haven for merchant scum

for ye merchants who do the prop'r t'ing only if
ye be haul'd-up on charges b'fore ye ship-mates
an' threat'nd wit' forfeiture of all ye precious loot
hear this - so-called stand-up guys YE BE NOT

avast!
Cap'n M.

Graham C. Williams
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Interested ?

Post by Graham C. Williams » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:08 pm

milisavljevic wrote:
Graham C. Williams wrote: As I cannot accurately model Mikes excellent motor with NUDiS I have no hope of getting near to his values.
Really? Why is this? (ie., is it something you are able / care to explain?) The geometry looks unexceptional.
I would be interested in anything you have to say on this topic; if you do not wish to answer here, [PM] me.
I have no problem going through this with anyone. The whole project is "Pro Bono Publico".
The "Combustion initiation" thread is in part an attempt to refine the current programme in answer to some of these difficulties.
The geometry of Mikes motor is simple but NUDiS (as published here) will only return a thrust of about half the correct value? On the other hand the VIII Rev6 model returned 22N against 21.6N from the James D. Construction. I suspect the solution lies in a number of areas: The Selection of Correct values for Combustion acceleration (this is geometry dependant). Corrections to the assumptions about very early combustion, sometimes called combustion delay, and the low levels of heat release. Finally, corrections to my assumptions about late combustion and how the local gas velocity may influence it.
A lot of work!
Recent preliminary efforts concerning combustion acceleration are giving good results (Mike has a copy of this version) in that they allow a much better model of the Propane burn (A better match between model and physical motor)
This is not the place for this discussion. I'll PM you when I have time. I'll just reiterate that this project is for the good of the pulsejet community, anyone can take it on and improve it for the good of all BUT RESPECT SAM MASON’S WORK AND HIS KINDNESS, IT’S AT THE CORE OF ALL THIS.

Graham
Dark days nurture new
light. Productions begin.
Now open your eyes.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:52 pm

multispool wrote:
Moderators, Please ban this guys ip! On all other forum I belong to, he would have been banned long ago..
I find the post quite civil, or let's say, civil enough. I would hope that this one sets the lower limit of civility for M.'s posts, nudge, nudge. Your post, multispool, had many points that needed to be taken line by line, and I'm glad someone did. Let's not get overly touchy.
The tenor of this competition is about fun and creativity, and not so much about rigorous science. If we get too technical, it will not happen.

This may push me over the edge to sponsor another worldwide meet, to have some beers and run motors in similar conditions and stand around and go "hmmm" and "ahhhh" and "cooooool" and "hey can I run your motor on my injector?" THAT WAS SO FUN, I CAN'T EXPRESS IT!"
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Larry, You in or what?
Thanks to our friend M for pointing out to me that I missed this perfectly direct question! I have been holding off commenting until the rules haggling calms a bit and I can see what we really have. I apologize for not responding until now!

I'll get in if I can come up with an existing motor that I think will show well in some respect, or one that a quick mod will spruce up. I just don't have time right now to do serious building. I just don't. It would be fun to think that I could mess with Lady Guinevere a bit more and get her running, because I think that would be a really fun one. But, it was built to match the 32-inch contest rules; the chamber alone must be most of a litre! That's really the one I always wanted to send out to you next. I'm convinced it will run eventually, but I'm also sure the tuning is pretty far off as it is now.

So, I'll do something if I can do something sensible.

Again, apologies for not responding sooner to the challenge invitation.

L Cottrill

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Mike Everman wrote:This may push me over the edge to sponsor another worldwide meet, to have some beers and run motors in similar conditions and stand around and go "hmmm" and "ahhhh" and "cooooool" and "hey can I run your motor on my injector?" THAT WAS SO FUN, I CAN'T EXPRESS IT!"
You can't imagine how great an honor (and how much fun) it was to have Bruno and some of the rest of you do the initial testing of my little Fo MI Chin II engine out in the vineyards, even though I couldn't be there to see it. And lots of fun to see all the pix and reports on all the great stuff that was run and tried. Again, thanks much for that one, Mike! Great stuff throughout.

L Cottrill

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:52 am

Hi Larry, I truly hope you can be involved! I am having the same trouble imagining time enough. I'll be building one of M.'s entries, the "SuperChine", and one of my own that I may have to simplify just to insure it gets built.
BTW, I was just rearranging my shop to make room for a little lathe, and came across one of you Mylanta jam jars! Ha
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Ghrey

Post by Ghrey » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:46 am

Mike; I for one would like to see some sort of annual event. Something we all could look forward to.

A chance to make some noise, compare notes, and Have fun.

Cost of travel being what it is ( read fuel prices ) I suspect this will have to wait... :(

Cheers.
In the process of moving, from the glorified phone booth we had to the house we have.

No real time to work on jets, more space, no time.

Life still complicated.

milisavljevic

And why not?

Post by milisavljevic » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 am

Ghrey wrote: Cost of travel being what it is ( read fuel prices ) I suspect this will have to wait...
Unfortunately, the cost of travel will not be going down. Sad perhaps, but true. There is a way to get around
the horns of this dilemma, however. The forum has members all around the wide world, so why not schedule
simultaneous* "mini-meets" for Europe, North America and Australia? (and I have not forgot about Rahul, all
alone in India :wink: ). What with the wonders of the internet, "reaching out" meet-to-meet only requires some
basic kit: laptop, webcam, net access. If nothing else, someone posts updates and images (um... blogging!)
once or twice per day: each meet has a designated reporter who takes charge of keeping each site in touch.

The only thing keeping this from happening, NOW, is inertia... the second best thing pulsejets are good for,
um... overcoming ...after what they are best at, namely... !!! MAKING NOISE !!! Of course! What else?! :wink:

*ie., simultaneous, or alternatively: overlapping, on successive weekends, etc.

Cheers,
M.

avast!
Cap'n M.

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 am

Mike Everman wrote: Hi Larry, I truly hope you can be involved!
Indeed! :) Hercules found the t-i-m-e to clean out the stables AND be the world's strongest man... (nudge) :wink:

Mike Everman wrote: I'll be building one of M.'s entries, the "SuperChine"...
Um... Not to be pedantic (who, me?! :wink:) but Mike will build "a" superchine, not "the" superchine.
It is a series name; Mike's is not the first superchine built, but it will be the smallest, me thinks.

And if I can move my fingers a wee bit faster... It will not be the only superchine in competition! :D

Cheers,
M.

avast!
Cap'n M.

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:48 am

Hello Larry,
larry cottrill wrote: It would be fun to think that I could mess with Lady Guinevere a bit more and get her running,
because I think that would be a really fun one.

But, it was built to match the 32-inch contest rules; the chamber alone must be most of a litre!
The main body of the Lady Guinevere (ie., sans the ejector and intake) is just over 1.5 liters in volume.

A little creative "tweaking" and perhaps you could squeeze her in under the existing rules?! Alternatively,
if you can coax this one into self-sustaining, you could enter it 'out of competion' (eg., a film in Cannes).

On further thought, forget self-sustaining...enter it out of competion, full size, running under forced air.

The POINT here is to ENTER. Think about it! :P

Cheers,
M.
Last edited by milisavljevic on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

avast!
Cap'n M.

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 am

Hello Graham -- Thanks for answering!
Graham C. Williams wrote: The whole project is "Pro Bono Publico".
And that is very, very cool of you. And not forgetting, Sam Mason. (btw., where is Sam these days?)

Graham C. Williams wrote: [massive snip!] ... A lot of work!
Sounds like what I call a "non-trivial" maths problem... :wink:

Graham C. Williams wrote: This is not the place for this discussion. I'll PM you when I have time.
Way cool. And thanks again!

Worth a wee haiku:

Silliness ensues
whenever pulsejetters meet...
hydrocarbons
BURN

Cheers,
M.

avast!
Cap'n M.

luc

Post by luc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Greetings guys,

Well ... We might be. The only thing that puzzle me is that (250 mls) limiting factor for I am not quite shure what "mls" meen.

Is it "millimeters" or "Mills" of an inch or "CC" or else ...

If the limiting factor is not to small, we might already have an engine ready with our smallest PulseRam.

If not, we might already be out of that contest for very small combustion chamber requires very small coils, which is our limiting factor.

Anyway ... We will see,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Ghrey

Post by Ghrey » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Hmmm...

I thought we were talking 1.5L total volume.
In the process of moving, from the glorified phone booth we had to the house we have.

No real time to work on jets, more space, no time.

Life still complicated.

GRIM

Post by GRIM » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:46 am

Some photos of the progress so far,
Runs but needs some tuning, had to reduce the inlet diameters, bustle tail up next, and maybe some vid if the weather gods are kind, Fun.
Attachments
grimski 7203.jpg
Grimski 720.jpg