Simple Valveless Design Method PDF

Moderator: Mike Everman

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Simple Valveless Design Method PDF

Post by larry cottrill » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Here's my first try at posting a downloadable PDF. It is a "white paper" format edited version of my 'simple valveless design method' that Vern has touted as a good way for beginers to get started. Aside from a lot of small edits for clarity, this PDF has two important changes: 1) Graphics to show how the method is approached using a scale drawing; 2) The intake pipe length is reduced from L/5 to L/7, which shifts the chamber intake port a few percent rearward. This latter change seems like a radical departure, but it lines up much better with the intake port locations that have most recently been shown to work well with small engines (which is where most beginners will start). I think this rearward shift of the port improves the mixing length of the inward flow inside the chamber.

Note that in most PDF readers, the graphics will not look that good on the screen, so print out the PDF to see them clearly -- only three 8.5x11 inch pages.

This is one of the many documents prepared for my "Great Valveless Pulsejet CD". Someday ... someday ...

Anyway, try downloading this and let me know what you think!

L Cottrill
Attachments
Simple_Design_Method.pdf
Simple design method for valveless engines. Downloadable PDF Copyright 2008 Larry Cottrill
(50.2 KiB) Downloaded 1511 times

GRIM
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by GRIM » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Larry That is fantastic , thank you very much,
I have tried on various occasions to draw out a typical engine according to your previous instructions , but i allways had some issues , because i could not visualise the design , this clears up lots of my doubts especially the end point correction deal

thanks again

zono

Re: Simple Valveless Design Method PDF

Post by zono » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks a lot, Larry,

I was searching a lot of time for your document, because I couldn't remember its correct name...

But today I found it, today is a lucky day!