Mike's Build Log

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:09 am

Aw garsh. No need to defend my motor James ;=) And I still have a long way to go, man. This is a good combo, and nice to say came out of my acoustics tool. One day I'll get back into the cfd.

I'm about to add the tuned tail, but need to make a straight one, cause the u-bend is too long for the straight section. I'll be duplicating it this week.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

milisavljevic
Antipspambot question: 125

Mike -- Say it ain't so, bro!

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:42 am

Mike Everman wrote: I'm about to add the tuned tail, but need to make a straight one,
cause the u-bend is too long for the straight section.
At the risk of arousing Bruno, why not relocate that pesky u-bend to your gay section? :wink:

Cheers!
M.
no safe haven for merchant scum

for ye merchants who do the prop'r t'ing only if
ye be haul'd-up on charges b'fore ye ship-mates
an' threat'nd wit' forfeiture of all ye precious loot
hear this - so-called stand-up guys YE BE NOT

avast!
Cap'n M.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:50 am

rofl!

milisavljevic

Mike -- Say it ain't so, bro!

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:52 am

:twisted:

Evil M.

avast!
Cap'n M.

tufty

Post by tufty » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Irvine.J wrote:No unfortunately its not my dog, its some hard core attack knaw your face off type apparently, can't remember where its from, but apparently there was a law passed saying these dogs in police use need to be muzzled cause they bite people...well... duh! ROFL I wouldn't run if the cop had one... theres a difference to being caught alive, and being caught alive after a dog has had its way with you.
German Shepherd. Ex girlfriend of mine's parents had one of them (actually a king shepherd, the "big as a bloody donkey" variant). Ex police attack dog, but gentle as a lamb. His job was to look after the house, and, although gentle, if you did things you weren't allowed to (like going upstairs), you'd find a large set of jaws *oh so gently* gripping your arse. Gently enough not to actually hurt, but firmly enough to point out that it was a better idea to not do that thing...

He nearly died when he swallowed a tennis ball, it got stuck in his throat. Apparently the vet said something along the lines of "I'm not sticking my hand in there while he's still awake" before giving him a general anaesthetic :)

Running from a police dog is indeed a very stupid thing to do, they are trained to put you down and hold you there, and that is liable to involve a significant amount of non-lethal pain. On top of that, they can run an awful lot faster and further than you can :)

If they are properly trained, german shepherds are one of the most stable, docile dogs you'll ever see, very intelligent (in dog terms, at least) and incredibly loyal. If maltreated, they are evil, vicious killers, but that's the owner's fault, not the dog. Police dogs are well trained and well looked after. No need to muzzle them except, perhaps, to protect people from their own stupidity - I've seen people goading police dogs, and frankly, if you start doing that to any dog you deserve to lose parts of your body anyway.

Personally, I'm fond of drahthaars, big, bouncy and intelligent, but Vero won't let me have one. Bah.

Simon

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey folks...
you should not change the name
I do not recall changing the name of the unit or insinuating to do so, the videos may be called squeeky (because it is very much so), but the PDF is PL.

Tried a few more injector positions last eve .....almost self sustaining, I am using a standard type cut and pinched style....I was thinking of changing to a more radial configuration......trial and error so far but improving :) ...hey it's all fun. Positions so far are, at the interface induction conduit to CC and 3 trys at 1/4" increments outward.
V
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 pm

The fueling I use is diagrammed on the muffler shop special. I'll be making a drawing soon. I can't remember the number and size of fuel orifices, but the placement is as on the muffler shop.
I have not tried this motor on any stinger type injectors.

Vern, did you change anything else on the duct dimensions?

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:00 am

Hey Mike...nothing else was changed ...just the fueling method....It started an ran well with the small intake although squeeky as such.

You are using a radial type injection from the perimiter...and close to the interface (induction / CC) due to the size of the induction I would presume that a radial format would be the most proficiant..... internal or external may be the differance.... I will test such things (internal OC) ....RSVP
V
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:26 am

Vermin wrote:Hey Mike...nothing else was changed ...just the fueling method....It started an ran well with the small intake although squeeky as such.

You are using a radial type injection from the perimiter...and close to the interface (induction / CC) due to the size of the induction I would presume that a radial format would be the most proficiant..... internal or external may be the differance.... I will test such things (internal OC) ....RSVP
V
That is after all, what I am saying! Please check:
http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/files/ ... _a_859.pdf

It is how I fuel all my jets now. No more stingers for me, other than messing with rosscojectors on any and all for self starting.

Mike Everman

photo of pocky 2

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:51 am

I just love me a little jet!

Thought I'd get a photo so you guys can get the scale of this little fella. I am only 4'9" ha
Attachments
pockey locky 2 002 small.JPG
pockey locky 2 002 small.JPG (84.95 KiB) Viewed 12154 times

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Can anyone believe that little thing spit out 3.3 lb? I almost can't. Almost afraid to test it again, and burst my bubble!

Mark

pocky 2

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 am

Not bad at all for a valveless that size. I just filled my Dynajet with water to see how many fluid ounces it holds. It's volume is 2 1/2 cups or 20 fluid ounces. Out of curiousity, how much water, beer, wine, or air does your pulsejet hold? I'm 5 feet and 14 inches tall.
Presentation is Everything

milisavljevic

Re: photo of pocky 2

Post by milisavljevic » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:18 am

Hi Mike --
Mike Everman wrote:I just love me a little jet!
Keep it platonic, okay? This is a family-friendly forum! :wink:

SWEET motor. GREAT thrust. Please, finish testing it!

Cheers,
M.

avast!
Cap'n M.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:07 am

Mark, it's 16.6 fluid oz. (30 cu.in.) And I'm actually four foot twenty eight. ha

Thanks, and don't worry, M., I'll get some sound files of different intake lengths soon.

I'm getting backed up in the testing department! I've got the muffler shop tuned tail version that'll be ready to test in about two days, and I still have to get thrust and front/rear split on the straight pipe Muffler shop, the Raptor awaits my thrust stand, and I've got to make a new pocky for a tuned tail, and, oh, I've got to make a scale up of pocky for a 1.5" u-bend to test my scaling "laws".

busy, busy, busy. fun, fun, fun. good thing I have some days off coming up!

Mark

pocky 2

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:51 am

Thanks Mike,
I hope your not going to do any propane/butane calculations. Math is not my strong suit. ha
If you could show a free floating lift force plus the weight of your engine and gear in the verticle, that would nail down/eliminate any pulsating thrust measurements. Maybe you could tether it like that one SNECMA engine that climbed up to the ceiling in a building. What goes up is what it be. And to be on the safe side it would be best to avoid any ground effect if such a thing figures into verticle thrust measurements. And I'll be looking for any smoke or mirrors too. ha again
That's a very good thrust you are getting.
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 057522.php
Presentation is Everything