50 lbF 'Lady Astor' Not For Beginners

Moderator: Mike Everman

Vermin
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Vermin » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:47 am

Hello Larry
I do apolagise for bastardising (modifing) your unit...my arogance (want to succeed) and drive at times causes me to ensure the end result is achieved.....i.e. a running unit.
For this I am not sorry It is just me.

So my concept here is the aspect ratio.....the original FWE had a much differnet one than this unit and I was basing my theory on this.... although the CC is still off from the original ...It runs and runs well at low throttle....exrereemly subseptable to heavy fuel. With lower fueling It will self start just (no electrical ignition) and a bit of air and a lighter it will run quite well. I am going to attempt an intake change first.
I sincearly hope you do not object to this.
Vern
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Vern, that's no problem ... everyone's certainly free to do whatever they want, thus inexorably advancing the 'state of the art'. I always hope my "designs" will lead to more exploration - that makes it all the more worthwhile coming up with stuff. Even a silly idea can sometimes suggest a fresh path for someone who sees it with a creative eye.

The only glitch in this for me right now is that I have no time to build, so the only 'testing' of any idea I have is in the hands of others.

Roar on!

L Cottrill

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:15 am

Larry
Thank you for your cordial responce and I do agree with your concpept..."if my ideas spawn development then all is good". I am a believer in your ability and designs.
We have to take our own path at times be them as they may...
Thanks
V
Vern
A desire to destroy as many man made hydrocarbon compounds as possible in one lifetime.

wakmat

Re: 50 lbF 'Lady Astor' Not For Beginners

Post by wakmat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:23 am

Hello All

I haven't posted anything for a while,been away a Tafe and work comitments,But have finally got round to start building LNA with a slight change on the intakes.After looking at the trial runs on youtube where it will only sustain with feed air,I thought going the 4 intakes of smaller diameter might give me the advantage of drawing air in with high speed injectors,anyway time will tell.here's my progress so far and a picture of my new toy(rolling cones was never so easy)but still have to hand form the cc and exhaust.
Attachments
Slip Roll.jpg
LNA (2).jpg
LNA.jpg

larry cottrill

Re: 50 lbF 'Lady Astor' Not For Beginners

Post by larry cottrill » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am

Man, wak, the cones looks really good! Keep on rolling ... looks like a nice tool for the job.

L Cottrill