photo permission

Moderator: Mike Everman

Thedon
Antipspambot question: 0

photo permission

Post by Thedon » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:15 pm

I cannot find the email to the owner of

http://aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

I am asking for permission to use photos and videos for a presentation. I must have permission as per contest guidlines

jthompso

Contact

Post by jthompso » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:44 pm

editor@aardvark.co.nz

Please include the word "aardvark" in the
subject line of any non-reply emails so that
my spam filters don't eat your message.

There are also some forms on his website that supposedly send messages that he'll read.

Bruce Simpson is notoriously difficult to get a hold of. If you are in desperate need then run a whois... http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp ...on the aardvark.co.nz domain. When I was having "trouble" with my book download from him I actually called him in New Zealand to work things out.

Carl Litzkow

Photo Permission

Post by Carl Litzkow » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:43 pm

Greeting to thedon,
All I can say is good luck. There have been many complaints in this forum about sending him money for his CD and never receiving them much less being able to communicate thier frustration. This includes me.

Anyway...If you should find a back door please let me know. He stalled me long enough to prevent a complaint to Paypal.

I had given him untold advertising and probably many orders at our car show that is conjunction with NHRA Gatornationals. ESPN was there, and I spent all 3 days answering PJ questions. I had a 5 ft Lockwood mounted on a gokart chassis in the back of my 53 Ford Pickup. I hope all the people that said they would buy his CD were not screwed like I was. If he lived just down the street I assure you we have a serious conversation.

larry cottrill

Photo Permissions

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Thedon -

Why don't you just post here a brief description of the kind of photos (specific subject matter) you're looking for. I'll bet there are MANY experienced builders here who would be glad to give you photos in exchange for their name as a photo credit. AND, you will probably get what you want much easier and quicker than dealing with Bruce through his Web site or email. The only "disadvantage" is that you'll need to provide several photo credits for several different sources. But at least here, you have "one stop shopping" and people that will actually talk to you!

Carl -

Wow! A "blast from the past" - what a treat to see you show up here again! If there's anything new and exciting going on, start up a thread and let us know. Hope you are well, sir, and doing well, too!

L Cottrill

Carl Litzkow

Photo Permission

Post by Carl Litzkow » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm

Hello to both Thedon and Larry

As usual Larry is right on target. Forget Bruce and use some local talent. There is so much more info here and no doubt your project will spark some interest. Better for them to exchange ideas with someone who is active in this forum and eager to share. I don't care about the credit, but please feel free to use anything of mine.

Larry,
I may have a few ideas that might make you even more rich and famous. Will you @ least settle for famous? If I throw them out here you don't get the credit, and as we all know you are the current PJ guru. Is your original e-mail still current ?

larry cottrill

Photo Permission

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:39 pm

Carl -

Yes, same email address as you used before ... hope to hear from you!

L Cottrill