Schmidt/Schubert

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Schmidt/Schubert

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:44 am

There is a photo I have in one of my books of a straight tube, perhaps a 9 to 1 length to diameter ratio. It's looks about a foot wide and 9 or 10 feet long in the picture. On the front end is a flat face with a smaller intake tube about 4 inches in diameter in the center of the plate/face and it's a foot or so long acting as an intake tube. That's the whole jet.
Perhaps someone would like to try that shape. If you had a large washer and could weld an intake tube flush to the center hole, then weld the washer onto one end of a pipe, you could attempt this shape easily enough. Or too, you could just find pumbing pipe and threaded fittings to do the same without welding.
Maybe I will try it, I've got most of the stuff already if not all. In effect it is just a straight Schubert without the combustion chamber buldge. And too it is just a Schmidt with an intake tube instead of valves. The upshot is that is uses a straight tube, not too hard to make. Now I'm wondering if a straight tube, side ported Logan would at least run too. Ah, so many shapes, so little time.
Mark