Question about Thermojet - liquid fuel in models

Moderator: Mike Everman

bamartins
Antipspambot question: 0

Question about Thermojet - liquid fuel in models

Post by bamartins » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:45 pm

Sorry my bad English…I'm not noth american...

Would be possible to adapt liquid fuel in one thermojet and later using this engine in one “model plane” and getting good resulted? Or the dynamic trush of one valveless (in case one thermojet) very small if is compared with valved? Therefore I believe (they correct me if I will be missed) that in contrast of the valved ones, valveless has lesser dynamic trush that the static. This is ok??? This trush is VERY lesser??? Or it is enough to propeller my model??? Somebody has some suggestion to make this adaptation for liquid fuel??? Will be if I can use a carburetor injector??? Or he has that to be a nebulizer??? If somebody will be able to give to more details on the adaptation for liquid fuel to me I would be very been thankful.

Bruno Antunes

NickC

re: Question about Thermojet - liquid fuel in models

Post by NickC » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:51 pm

one of the major "problems" is trying to carburate (not using a fuel pump) a valveless. I think someone did it once. anyone have that link???

Eric

re: Question about Thermojet - liquid fuel in models

Post by Eric » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Look for one of my threads, something along the lines of liquid fueled chinese valveless. The big engines can pump their own fuel like crazy, some of the spots in the intake were pumping 3-4' vertical difference in the fuel tank / engine height.

If you have a rc electric pump you will be much better off with the thermojets.

You would have to built it extremely light weight to have good performance, but it is doable, in 28 gauge they weight around 1/2 pound.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

bamartins

Post by bamartins » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:29 pm

I did look at another posts but I did not find some thing that clarifies mine doubts…

But.... can I use an injector like this (carburator - car) to adapt liquid fuel in my thermojet?

the plan of the thermojet i want to build =>

If some one find a link to some thing interesting about liquid fuel in valveless pulse jets....plese....show me the link...
Attachments
injectors.jpg
can i use? it run well?
injectors.jpg (39.51 KiB) Viewed 3014 times

bamartins

Post by bamartins » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 pm