Jims Little 3 Lb Thermojet

Moderator: Mike Everman

Jim Berquist
Antipspambot question: 0

injection

Post by Jim Berquist » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:41 am

Eric:

Confused? Are you talking about addition of a second line? I was thinking that the injection line could be limiting the intake a bit!!!
The intakes are a bit under sized as you started to make it a four intake engine. I just was looking at letting it breath abit better.....

It Humms most good! I want it to Humm better!!! Is that the phone ringing? What you say? EEaaa? What's your name? He said what???

Jim
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:10 am

I though you wanted to play around with moving them in and out, as it is, they shouldnt cause much resistance on the intake or exhaust flow, and a 1/8" line wouldnt make a lot of difference

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

Jim Berquist

thrust

Post by Jim Berquist » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am

Got it ! Could I introduce a third air intake some how???? Come to think about it ,,, the injectors as they are would force more out the tail end and ballance out....

Jim

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:35 am

Come to think about it ,,, the injectors as they are would force more out the tail end and ballance out....
Yep :)

If you find a large high flow rate air compressor give it a blast of 115 psi air, just ease into it :D

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

francisco

its run!!

Post by francisco » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:15 am

its run, its run!!!

ok, here accent something of what I lit today

really tube many problems to light it

I have something of 52 pulses but not yet I have an ignitor that works well

could somebody recommend myself something that good realmete is to light the pulses and not very expensive?

he has left me impressed with the power

he moved on the floor! !

can some scale be applied?

can I multiply everything for 2?

here accent some pictures of my ugly ignitor that he/she brought me problems

francisco cooreman

pd: my videos are in format 3gp, as the step to wma?
Attachments
Imagen004.jpg
Imagen004.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
Imagen005.jpg
Imagen005.jpg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
Imagen006.jpg
Imagen006.jpg (24.42 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
Imagen013.jpg
Imagen013.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 14584 times
Imagen014.jpg
Imagen014.jpg (30.35 KiB) Viewed 14584 times
Imagen008.jpg
Imagen008.jpg (18.8 KiB) Viewed 14584 times
"I DONT`T SUFFER OF MADNESS, I ENJOY IT CONTINUALLY"

fran_rio88@hotmail.com

Jim Berquist

Another Beast

Post by Jim Berquist » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 am

Good stuff Francisco:

I'm afraid your on your own on the blue steel .

I just found out that my job is about to SCatta!

I tried to find you a source in Miami. It seem closes is Chicago....

Your going to have to find a local source if you can..

Do you have a way to move money from country to country, Credit card or pay pale?

Most machine shops should be able to get you some of what you request..

Your Engine looks like it is cooking, Mue' Vein....

We both seem to be on our own at this time..

Eric's thermojet is a most inpressive thing..

Simple yet Producesses Power....Ahhh!!!!!

It was 7 degree F this morning. I'm Cold......Do you have a extra bed room?????

My wife and son , along with my self could move down there and Try to find a job??? Haaaa!

Sorry: :( Jim
Last edited by Jim Berquist on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:13 am

This is a good place to buy blue tempered spring steel. I've bought several rolls from them. They are fast at delivery too, often they will throw it in the mail the same day you talk to them.
Mark
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPA ... PG=INLMK32
Presentation is Everything

Jim Berquist

Steel spring valve type..

Post by Jim Berquist » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:30 am

Good stuff Mark:

Maybe he can hook up some that way. Argentina is a long ways away! I'm impressed how good his engines are.

Jim

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:31 am

The problem we have outside the US is the big 2, McMaster Carr and Enco won't deal with us anymore. McMaster Carr cancelled my account and aren't interested in outside USA unless you are buying mega mega dollars and Enco has shipping and handling fees of hundreds of $ on tiny items (5 drills fit in a match box $50 in the cataloge)
The problem appears to be the paper work and B.S. required by the gubmint agencies.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:25 pm

Yes the amount of paperwork required to ship anything out of the country is absolutely insane. Even for a small order it could take several hours of finding forms and information and filling them out. Then theres always the chance that customs sends it back because you forgot to attach 3 coppies of each form, or because they just like being a pain in the ass.

Eric

Jim Berquist

new spark

Post by Jim Berquist » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 pm

I purchased two globe type plasma lamps from wall mart. see other subjects...tool and construction: I will follow up with Photo's of spark produced by common spark plug!!!!

$1.00 each!!!

Sound activation included!!!!!!

Jim

Eric

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Havent had any posts in this thread in a while, figured I would post the new engine here instead of a new thread.

This is a 10 Lb thermojet. I had some leftover metal and was able to make the CC / cone out of some scrap pieces of sheet. Went together like a charm and fires up without compressed air or a spark.

On extremely low throttle it runs sort of like a jam jar, a little higher on the throttle range it starts to sound like a harley idling, then up it a bit and you get pure smooth buzzing, but still not a lot of noise.

I need to run some straight tube injectors for it and get the spark plug in to get a full throttle run. It should really scream on full throttle, and dont worry im not going to just run it sitting on the test pad at full thrust :D

Eric
Attachments
thermo10lb3.jpg
(43.32 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
thermo10lb2.jpg
thermo10lb2.jpg (46.71 KiB) Viewed 13056 times
thermo10lb1.jpg
thermo10lb1.jpg (88.57 KiB) Viewed 13055 times

Jim Berquist

jims little

Post by Jim Berquist » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi Eric: Another master peace.

How did you start it Rossco Style? Light the injector and slide it in? I still have not fired up the 20lber Chines. It's hitting 100 here and my swamp cooler is dead. Paid 500 for a new one yesterday and I'm going to install it today. This week end I will tie it to my BB-Q and fire it up.

Jim

Eric

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Well the injectors stay in the intake and I just light the fuel and turn it up.

Yea its going to be 90 here today with probably around 90% humidity. When its this hot out I dont do much until evening.

If you had plenty of water there you could make an evaporative cooler.

Dumping water behind a 4 lb chinese blows it into a super fine mist that creates a hell of a lot of evaporative cooling, down right frigid.

I want to get one of those 40" industrial fans and hook up a garden hose so it sprays a nice fine mist and just sit infront of it in a lawn chair.

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:47 pm

One time I was in Arizona. They had this super fine mist on a patio and is was so fine you could barely detect it.. Man did it cool you down. It's so dry there that you didn't even get wet from it....

Jim