Technical Reader Volunteers

Moderator: Mike Everman

dadruid
Antipspambot question: 0

Technical Reader Volunteers

Post by dadruid » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:25 am

Greetings all, I am a pre-graduate student at the Oregon Institute of Technology (USA) and am attempting to write a technical report on valveless pulsejets. Although I haven't completely decided on a topic, I'm currently looking at exploring a particular pulsejet design, (Foa or Tharrat) analyzing it as much as possible theoretically, then building a test model and trying to implement my theory. This paper is the result of a class that I am taking. Part of the requirements for this class is selecting a technical report reader, someone who is an expert in the field, and whom can analyze the report for technical accuracy. Would anyone like to volunteer for this duty? I say volunteer because I haven't contributed anything to date, so I certainly can't ask this of anyone. However, if reading a pulsejet paper and giving feedback on the theory present therein sounds interesting, I would be eternally grateful. However, I must warn you that there are due dates involved. I would be more than understanding if there aren't any takers for this offer, and I can certainly get one of the physics professors at my school to fill the role, but from what I've been reading on this board it looks like you-all might be able to provide a lot more insight than what I can find locally. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Drew Loika

On a side note, I'll try to talk some pictures out of my friend who built the augmenter-less BCVP. Apparently he's more concerned about commercial development then I originally thought, so I can't promise anything. Take care!

Anthony Colette

Post by Anthony Colette » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:12 am

Drew,

I certaintly can't say I am an expert of pulsejets but I did win AIAA's "Best Propulsion Paper" at the 2000 Joint Propulsion Conference. Nor can I say I am an expert at reading technical reports, but I write them almost continuously at Boeing in regard to satellite rocket engines.

Let me see what you have. Even if I don't fit the bill I could give an outside opinion.

Tony

dadruid

THANK YOU!

Post by dadruid » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:14 am

Awesome!!!!!!! That would be so great! If you want to contact me off-board my email is pj AT dipsomania randomtexttofoolthestupidspambots dot net. I'm working on the paper now, and won't have a copy for review for approximately four weeks. But I'll give you a heads-up when it's getting close. In the meantime could I please get your title? (I need to turn that in) Once again thank you so very much, I'm really excited about this.