got it running on the first day

Moderator: Mike Everman

mrsteve79915
Antipspambot question: 0

got it running on the first day

Post by mrsteve79915 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:51 am

hello from texas here's my video http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1923 ... a3463a.htm i built from a scrap sheet metal duct that is about 26 gauge steel and rusted.... cant figure out why it doesnt melt run after run ..... gonna build a drag cart with twin engines heres my other car http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1CE9 ... B6A8DF.htm
if you can dream it i can build it ...i build drag race cars father owns a sheetmetal shop,i work for a muffler shop ...

mrsteve79915

re: got it running on the first day

Post by mrsteve79915 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:58 pm

i have no plans.... just made it from calculations scaling from what people use to make the 55 lb lockwood..... i fabricated all in two days, just a couple of hours or less.... did all for less than ten dollars... just cuz i bought some sheet metal snip.... planning two 38lb for a drag cart... or 190 lb twins... takes me about two hours to make em..... i triangulated the metal funnels all by hand ... i use no spark plug to start them... just lite the flame at super low psi... raise the pressure till it gurgles... huff some air from the leaf blower a couple o f times..... then continous sustaining flame till crank fuel up till explodes and continue to throttle... i am willing to help anyone who asks.... steve
if you can dream it i can build it ...i build drag race cars father owns a sheetmetal shop,i work for a muffler shop ...

Jonny69

Post by Jonny69 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:04 pm

I like the cut of your jib Steve! What did you use for the 180 degree bend and what size is it?

mrsteve79915

Post by mrsteve79915 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:12 am

the mandrel bend is a 1 3/4 in mild steel 14 gauge though aluminized pipe..... incidently..... the only piece i once bought and had laying around

mrsteve79915

Post by mrsteve79915 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:19 am

here a pic when off
Attachments
IMG_1541.JPG
(277.39 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

Eric

Post by Eric » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:21 am

The aluminized is better than just mild steel, at super high temps it will keep the steel underneath from absorbing O2 and flaking. It might make a really nasty surface but shouldnt flake at all.

Whats the thrust like? about 20 lbs?

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

mrsteve79915

Post by mrsteve79915 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:29 am

from the math in my head... 38 pounds give or take... i used a 35 pound weight to hold it down.......... was pushing through it on a day run when i was showing my nephews..... funny the the funnel on the intake was formed just using a pair of pliers.... the exhaust long funnel was made by pressing around a 2 1/4 pipe to form the contour..... i gently spot filleted the entire pipe simulating a tig weld..... paper thin combustion camber holds well..... weird...