High-performance pulsejets for all, for free (as in beer)

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

re: High-performance pulsejets for all, for free (as in beer

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:34 am

I'm a bit peckish. I just love seeing nice work.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

milisavljevic
Antipspambot question: 125

Taste test

Post by milisavljevic » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:36 am

Mike - If I were to bake you a petite pulsejet pudding, would you consider tasting it? Pretty please...

M.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:24 am

As you know, I am very fond of the more diminutive ducts. I'll build it, sure.

I'm kind of coasting along on my own stuff at the moment. I'll post an adjustable throat motor I just made, that ran today, just in time to take it to the mini UK meet. Running it is just for fun until my real-time sfc rig is up.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

milisavljevic

Taste test

Post by milisavljevic » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:48 am

Mike - Petite pulsejets have their charms: "Step right up folks, mind the boundary layer effects, thank you very much!"
Follow-up question(s): Does not my dual-intake chinese-type pulsejet qualify as a petite pudding? If not, why not? ;-)

M.

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:12 am

Damb and I fell for the lose leader on the FREE BEER!!

JIM
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

NickC

Post by NickC » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:44 am

C'mon when are you postin this stuff? I'll build it! I'm looking for any size, from <20lbs. for R/C, to 20-50lbs. for pocketbikes, and >50lbs. for go karts. A good TSFC is always a plus, and if you have any ideas for liquid fuel injectors for gasoline, diesel, or whatever post/send em too!

if you want to send them : ysrkid70@yahoo.com

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:48 am

NickC,

Patience is a virtue. OTOH... If you are interested in building something _right now_, please take a look at this thread:

[ http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewto ... c&start=45 ];

the dimensioned drawing is archived here:

[ http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/files/ ... ns_119.gif ].

The petite, dual-intake chinese-style pulsejet depicted in images 3a. and 3b. is able to develop a solid 15 lbf of thrust,
and will almost fit into a volume of only 3 x 4 x 33 inches. I will update this plan; however, you would still have to wait.

If this is to be your first pulsejet, I strongly suggest that you "get your feet wet" with a well-proven duct. Please take
a look at the attached file [PDF] ...several members have successfully completed Eric Beck's "Advanced FWE" pulsejet.

Best regards,
Störgröße M.

NickC

Post by NickC » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:20 pm

those are all great, but I'm looking for a bent type of pj and I may build something similar to what you posted later. I want to have some usuable thrust. I may just use two augmented M15Es, that bill posted, for the pocketbike.

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:50 pm

While the advanced FWE is a good engine, its not something that I would consider advanced being compared to other advanced engines. To make it where you could really call it advanced you would need to use an optimized chinese style tailpipe like some of the ones Graham has developed for the FWE. I dont know if he used standard FWE intake setup or the ADV FWE intake setup to get those numbers.

You could build one of my TP-180's, they have went through quite a lot of development and have the performance to prove it. The m15e is very similar *hmmm I wonder why*, but better performance can be achieved fairly easily. I cant help but think that some of the later statements from "APC" are just propaganda.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

larry cottrill

Re: re: High-performance pulsejets for all, for free (as in

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Eric wrote:While the advanced FWE is a good engine, its not something that I would consider advanced being compared to other advanced engines. To make it where you could really call it advanced you would need to use an optimized chinese style tailpipe like some of the ones Graham has developed for the FWE. I dont know if he used standard FWE intake setup or the ADV FWE intake setup to get those numbers.
I think most or all of Graham and Nick's work was done with the "linear" style intake (a front-facing intake centered in the front of the chamber, for those not following along). I don't know/remember how they derived net thrust figures using that geometry. Maybe Graham will clarify and/or correct my memory.

L Cottrill

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:46 pm

The linear, with a proper flare should have similar or slightly greater performance to the adv fwe, with an optimized chinese style tailpipe, and turning it into a bent engine it would be a much more impressive package.

Using "mirrored" combustion chamber cones for the tailpipe section it should be pretty easy.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:11 am

Ben wrote:If you have evidence that Bill is posting things that aren't true, post it. Otherwise, knock off the bullshit.
In any event, please post OT information to a new (or someone else's) thread. Thank you.

Störgröße M.

NickC

Post by NickC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:25 am

as we near the close of day 5, the free beer pulsejet is still in transit. while some resort to crack instead of low tsfc pulsejets, others hold out for the expected 15 day wait.

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:48 am

M. I think you are talking to a crowd that wants jello instant pudding jets, or those little pre-packaged cups.

As for the OT stuff I will post it in the applicable thread, though it had to do with high tech augmenters.

Eric

NickC

Post by NickC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:20 am

I'm still unsure as to why you would start a thread saying you will post high performance pulsejets within 20 days? I look forward to seeing them none the less, but am curious as to why?