Water Injection

Moderator: Mike Everman

Eric
Antipspambot question: 0

re: Water Injection

Post by Eric » Fri May 12, 2006 6:25 pm

If you used a coper based water coil inside the engine the heat absorbtion would be greater, which might not be a bad thing depending on your goals. The greater the difference in temperature and the higher the conductivity the higher the rate of absorbtion would be.

Basically the stainless tailpipe will act like an insulator somewhat, and keep a lot of the thermal energy in the exhaust gas.

If you are going like Mikes approach with the steam rocket a coper internal coil might work very well.

I made a small, and very ugly engine out of tightly coiled brake line and furnace cement + headder wrap. The "wavy walls" made for most impressive heat absorbtion.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

Mike Everman

Re: re: Water Injection

Post by Mike Everman » Sat May 13, 2006 3:41 pm

tufty wrote:
Mike Everman wrote:Here's the art. Increasing surface area and extracting more heat with tail expansion are metrics to work out.
Man, that's beautiful.

Simon
thanks. Hey Simon, I'm going to be in Zurich in a couple of weeks, which way should I tip my glass?
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

tufty

Post by tufty » Sat May 13, 2006 4:34 pm

Mike Everman wrote:
tufty wrote:
Mike Everman wrote:Here's the art. Increasing surface area and extracting more heat with tail expansion are metrics to work out.
Man, that's beautiful.

Simon
Thanks. Hey Simon, I'm going to be in Zurich in a couple of weeks, which way should I tip my glass?
Southwestish. Zurich is a ways away, shame you're not going to be in Geneva...

Have fun anyway, Swiss hospitality can be quite something.

Simon

kid jansen

Post by kid jansen » Sat May 13, 2006 4:51 pm

tufty wrote:...Have fun anyway, Swiss hospitality can be quite something...
Don't you mean swiss hostility? :P I thought swiss people didn't like any disturbance, especially not a noisy pulsejet. :D