Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Rocky Mountain High

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:32 am

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Tom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:08 am

oh very nice.
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:25 am

it looks a little errrr.. i no its SS but it looks a bit corroded on the CC... could just be me.. or the photo!

Stephen

resosys

Post by resosys » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:22 am

Stephen H wrote:it looks a little errrr.. i no its SS but it looks a bit corroded on the CC... could just be me.. or the photo!
I believe I saw this run at burningman in 2002. It ran well as far as noise , but I have no way to evaluate thrust. It was pretty loud but not as loud as our big lockwoods.

The two pulsejets we ran together in the warehouse tonight were really f'ing loud. I believe there was some video taken. I was on the control box, making fire and noise so I'll know tomorrow.

Mike Everman, the jam jars are a hit with the artist crowd here. Thanks for bringing your bin and showing us the magic.

Happy New Year, all! Looking forward to a full year with you. We've got the propane, welding wire, CNC plasma cutter, and barely enough spare time. Let's build some new designs.

Chris

Stephen H

Post by Stephen H » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:46 pm

[/quote]Happy New Year, all! Looking forward to a full year with you. We've got the propane, welding wire, CNC plasma cutter, and barely enough spare time. Let's build some new designs.

Chris[/quote]

good call mate!

John Werner

Re: Rocky Mountain High

Post by John Werner » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:35 pm

Hi Mark,

The video of this thing at motorman has all of the flame coming out of the intake. Take a look here:

http://www.motomanproject.org/pulsejet.mov

Maybe it's not the same engine

John Werner

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:17 pm

John Werner wrote:The video of this thing at motorman has all of the flame coming out of the intake.
John, that's how it should be. A good Lockwood-type pulsejet spews flame out of the intake and hot air out of the exhaust. Just as I posted yesterday under the "Ecrevisse Types A and B" thread:

'You get two completely different exhausts. What comes out of the long exhaust cone is mostly fresh air that has previously been sucked in, followed by hot exhaust gas, somewhat cooled because of transfer of heat to cool air. What comes out of the intake is very hot gas, with no air to speak of. A proper Lockwood will thus often show flame coming out of the intake, but not out of the exhaust.'

tex4056

Post by tex4056 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Now the Lockwood makes me wonder what if you put a tube in front of the intake but leaving a gap, flared pretty much like that of the intake, with a closed end, so the blast would bounce back into the intake at the proper time, and cram in some more air? Maybe half the intake tube length? Tuned with the rest of the system, anyway.
In theory, theory and practice are the same; but in practice, they're different.