pressurising liquid fuel

Moderator: Mike Everman

Lawrence
Antipspambot question: 0

pressurising liquid fuel

Post by Lawrence » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:00 am

Would it be a good idea to make a fuel line to the engine, wind it a few times around it, so the fuel vaporises, and lead it back to the tank, building up pressure in this way?

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:49 am

That would be called a bomb!

We have had this idea before on the old forum (you can still search) in varios formats.

Getting the fuel to the engine is not generally the problem its getting it to vaporise properly that is.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:27 pm

Lawrence, don't listen to Viv. Vaporizing fuel in vaguely the way you have described is one of the best ways to do it -- only it has to be properly engineered, with non-return valves etc.

One of the best systems is the one you can see on this website under 'pressure jet'. Several versions of tthis kind of vaporizing system have been built. I have milaid somewhere a number of a pulsejet patent -- of a real engine, built in hundreds of copies -- that uses such a system , with a pretty good sketch of the details. If you really need it, I can probably ferret it out.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:37 pm

brunoogorelec wrote:Lawrence, don't listen to Viv. Vaporizing fuel in vaguely the way you have described is one of the best ways to do it -- only it has to be properly engineered, with non-return valves etc.

One of the best systems is the one you can see on this website under 'pressure jet'. Several versions of tthis kind of vaporizing system have been built. I have milaid somewhere a number of a pulsejet patent -- of a real engine, built in hundreds of copies -- that uses such a system , with a pretty good sketch of the details. If you really need it, I can probably ferret it out.
Only the mention of timed injection would have got you to answer faster:-)

viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:49 pm

Viv wrote:Only the mention of timed injection would have got you to answer faster:-)

Well, as they say in comedy, timing is everything! :o)