Antipspambot question: 0

Pulsejet on Ebay : You have to look!!!!

Post by kenneth » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:53 pm

Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2440654339

I would love to have it :)

Kenneth

Mark

Re: Pulsejet on Ebay : You have to look!!!!

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:47 pm

kenneth wrote:Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2440654339

I would love to have it :)

Kenneth
Don Laird told me the guy had a dozen of them. Another guy he knows bought 3 from the guy in Oregon for a thousand each, some years ago, sold two of them, (made his money back) kept the third and refused to even start it up.
I guess for two thousand, you too could have an 8 inch diameter pulsejet.
Mark

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:00 pm

I would say a thousand dollars is a fair price for an unusual antique jet engine of which relatively few have ever been made and much fewer still are likely to survive to this day. I'd like to have one, but it's a lot of money for something that is essentially just a conversation piece.

Bruno

dynajetjerry

Re: Pulsejet on Ebay : You have to look!!!!

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu May 23, 2013 7:01 pm

To Kenneth & Mark & Bruno,
I'm the "guy" Don Laird was referrng to but want it known I did NOT get my investment back by selling 2 of my Globe/Solar 10P14 pjs. I sold one for exactly what I paid, to Bruce Tharpe's father. I sold the other to NASA for $1500 but they sent me $2400 out of which I gave $400 to my former employer; his office manager handled the necessary paperwork. (She protested and tried to refuse my payment but I insisted.) I also paid all shipping costs.
Don Kept nagging me to run the 10P14 but I was not equipped to do so, also fearing possible hazards and other conse-quences.
After watching engineers and technicians at WPAFB run "my" pj, I was sure my refusal of Don's urging was wise.
Jerry
Louder is always better.