Hobby king Pulse-jet (modifcations)

Moderator: Mike Everman

Luisitoedm23
Antipspambot question: 125

Hobby king Pulse-jet (modifcations)

Post by Luisitoedm23 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello friends, I'm new in the forum and have a lot to learn still but I need to know if anyone can help me because I have a hobby king pulse-jet and let me know and that modifications can make because I need more thrust for fly my RC airplane , and sorry for my english I am learning

Ryan Blake
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Hobby king Pulse-jet (modifcations)

Post by Ryan Blake » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:01 am

Welcome to the forum. You would be better to post in the Valved Pulse-Jet forum as that is what your Hobby King jet is.

Probably not much in the way of modifications that will make it better for RC flying - thrust augmentors will give more static thrust, but at speed will also increase the overall drag. A site specific google search similar to "thrust augmentor site:www.pulse-jets.com" will give a wealth of information. Also see http://www.pulse-jets.com/valveless/index.htm under the Lockwood section - even though this is about valveless pulse jets, the same applies to valved jets.

Hope this helps.

noclassmac1972
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Hobby king Pulse-jet (modifcations)

Post by noclassmac1972 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:46 am

One can increase the lift of the valves by recutting the valve retainer possibly a maximum of 1 mm also the venturi can be opened up maybe 1mm both these will allow more air and fuel in. The other option is to play with the fuel you are using. Be earned though the hobby King jet was made with a low budget do the pipes do break. Regards Robert