Fixing the 130R

Moderator: Mike Everman

roland2001
Antipspambot question: 125

Fixing the 130R

Post by roland2001 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Going back to the original patent Gene based the claims for his engine while using round tubes for his sonic stack intake. This being the case we can take a better look at the 130R. 75% of the area of the third intake requires the second stage to have an inside diameter of 3.625" and maybe + 1/64". The length of the 2nd stage should be increased to 15" (not including the "flaring" at the top end, (which also should be enlarged to 5/8 R). The first stage should ID should be1.8125" and 7.5" in length, (once again not including the fluting.) A enlargement to the "R" of the first stage flute should also be made to .3125". The 1st stage should extend 1.75" into the second stage from the top of the flared section/skirt. An .0625" could be added to the third stage "R" if desired. The combustion chamber and tail pipe should both be increased in length by .375". I use one contiguous coil of ten as opposed to two of five. The singular metering jet is 50% greater in ID and twice the length. All in all a great deal more ambient air (mass) can now be introduced into a slightly larger combustion space. I build inline engines and have had excellent outcomes, and I hope you have good results with your "L" style engine if you are up to giving it another try. Ciao! , Roland2001