20 lb Thrust Twin Engines

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rocket Man
Antipspambot question: 125

20 lb Thrust Twin Engines

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:32 pm

The first engine that I built has pedal valves, the second engine has Argus valves. Both engines have fuel injection like the German V1. Both engines start easy at 20% throttle on about 2 psi propane and run at full thrust at 10 psi fuel pressure. Both engines run good on gasoline, gas/diesel fuel mix, 100% alcohol and alcohol with 5% water. I have a needle valve in the liquid fuel line so both engines will start easy at 20% then throttled up to full thrust. I built a nice test stand to check thrust, it is very interesting to switch to different fuels and see the thrust difference. After 40 years of building pulse jet engines I have learned a correctly designed engine the reed valves will last for many hours of run time with no damage. I have run both of these engine about 40 times with the same reed valves and they show no signs of damage yet. The fuel tank holds 2 gallons of liquid fuel on the bike trailer and a small propane tank provides fuel pressure only. The needle valve is opened enough to start each engine at low thrust then throttled up to full power. With both engine running I can help pedal the bike up to 40 mph very quick all the speed after that depends on the engines. Eye protection is needed above 45 mph and in won't ride the bike faster than 70. I have no clue what speed bike tires and wheels are designed for but the speed-o-meter goes to 99.9 mph. This Low Racer bike is 65% less wind resistant than an upright bike so it might do 150 mph but you won't see me riding it that fast. Pulse Jet Engine PLANS are For Sale on ebay. No good video yet it is hard to get good video on a narrow 2 lane highway.

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNyTsUT2Xg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwz7AvufWG4

PyroJoe

Re: 20 lb Thrust Twin Engines

Post by PyroJoe » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:59 pm

That's awesome Rocket. How do you regulate between 2 psi and 10 psi fuel pressure?

Rocket Man

Re: 20 lb Thrust Twin Engines

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 pm

PyroJoe wrote:That's awesome Rocket. How do you regulate between 2 psi and 10 psi fuel pressure?
In the work shop I use an adjustable regulator to get the psi I need but on the bike I use full tank pressure and volume is adjusted with a 500 psi industrial needle valve.