Fastest way to start a Bailey Sport Jet

Moderator: Mike Everman

nitro
Antipspambot question: 125

Fastest way to start a Bailey Sport Jet

Post by nitro » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm

First.Put the small Bailey Spark Plug in a Lathe.Then turn off the metal thread so you only have enough for the brass washer & thin nut.The porsalin will now stick out heeps.Then put it at the very bottom of the Plane.100% Methanol only is needed.1.5mm main jet.7L Weed killer bottle for air.Gives 45psi when pumped up.Next ,use a car can coil (resistor)with a electronic secut to run it very fast.Has about 30,000Volts.9AH battery.

Turn on the spark Buzzer,Turn on the air & bingo.Starts perfect every time.
Only started 3 times this way with 100% success at 20degrees centergrade.Must try it more times in very cold conditions now to prove its worth.But I think its going to be the best way yet.Some one by John S off YouTube got me into gear on this set up.Give it a try if you want your Bailey to start 100% instant every Time & through away your Nitro.Cheers Chris :D PS: My start up is on YouTube. cjlomas@bigpond.com

nitro
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Fastest way to start a Bailey Sport Jet

Post by nitro » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 pm

I next got the smallest & thinest spark plug in my box & turned most of the thread off that one to.Put it into my ER90 Pulse Jet right behind the reed directly in line with the incoming fuel injected fuel.Put it about 8 o-clock and not at the base this time Starting on 97.5% Kerosine & 2.5% 2 Stroke oil for pump.Used the same car can coil starter used on the Bailey and Bingo.Starts no problem.I notaced the spark plug tip glows bright red with this small plug.Thats needed for Kerosine.And the plug still looks like new with no damage.To simple.With a 10 thal big reed & a 10 thal small reed everything still looks OK after 5 test runs.Used my own fuel injector & steel backing plate.