Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Moderator: Mike Everman

irvine.j2
Antipspambot question: 125

Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Post by irvine.j2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Hey all, I'm back, starting off quietly however cause i'm still studying and nearly up to final panel, however i'm buying some cool new tools and will be more active again shortly. Miss you all, hope you are all well.
James.

gettylee

Re: Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Post by gettylee » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello,I was a new be 5 months ago, I built a fwe,then I saw your hpx,I was inspired!!!! & built one just by eye balllin your pic,miraculously, it runs,very well!!!! I wanted to run liquid fuel in it,got so close with a methanol bladder,but could not ween her off of propane completely.I was trying for the valveless rc plane&thought the hpx was the ticket!?, also the lady Ann boilyn, is cool!!! If I could just get them to run on methanol? It may fly a rc plane? I divided to build a handful of valved pjs,but still dream of a rc valveless plane! :) any suggestions? Thx much :)

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

Hey man, why soooo keen on methanol? I've run these things on pretty much everything but I wonder if maybe you've seen something I haven't?

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Sat May 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I do have a latex bladder system, & am familiar with methanol, I'm just looking for a good flight system on liquid fuels, I don't know what kind of injector to use? Or location & oriffice size? On fwe/hpx with 7.44" cc, size engine. The latex bladder & methanol system seems good, & I don't know if other fuels like petro have a bladder made of something different than latex? I really can't figure it out! Any help will be so appreciated!!! Thx :)
Attachments
IMG_20130503_220709_713.jpg

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Bro without a doubt the best fuel bladder are IV bag bladders, commonly found from Baxter or similiar, just normal saline comes in up to 3 liters I believe, I used to use a 1 liter bag and its pretty much totally chemically resistant to anything you put in it, a small pump is required to help full it bubble free usually, and as they have 2 ports, just use 2 simple garden taps, 1 to fill, leave the other open to let the air out and close them when full.

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 am

So I built a B-12 design off the forum. Doesn't effing work even on propane. . Only runs if you provide it with a tiny sniff of air, I think the intake Dia is just too restrictive, but its close... dunno. Since no one has made one I ever saw I thought it would be cool, but i'm a fool obviously.

Gattylee, i was thinking if you have a small engine that you know runs strong on propane (50/60mm CC) somewhere in that bounds. I'll copy it and see if I can make a flowjector work with it if you haven't already, i wont butcher this valve head till i see your plans. Cheers mate.
James.

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 am

I will have to draw up my hpx scale&send a pic,in the meantime look at this,Its a 2" cc valved,it runs great on petro&can be throttled from a peep to roaring full boar!" The carb is of a 6hp Tecumseh, I'm going to try a 8hp Tecumseh carb for methanol,its a nice little valved PJ, I will be flying in a rc plane soon"hopefully!
Attachments
IMG_20130609_205639_757.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 am

I will have to draw up my hpx scale,I did use the same cc as Larry's fwe@7.44 long cc&3/4" intake,,In the meantime look at this,Its a 2" cc valved,it runs great on petro&can be throttled from a peep to roaring full boar!" The carb is of a 6hp Tecumseh, I'm going to try a 8hp Tecumseh carb for methanol,its a nice little valved PJ, I will be flying in a rc plane soon"hopefully!
Attachments
IMG_20130609_205639_757.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 am

There's good valved plans on eBay for 100lb,20lb,&7lb PJs, there from scientific supply" I bought them,&my engine is very nice!!! It starts&runs great! & the valves last&last!!! I'm very happy with the plans. :)

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Hello,I did post my HPX dimensions in the valveLess section,under successful HPX plan.hopefully that will help in designing a liquid system for it,help will be very appreciated!!! Thx much!!!