Curtis' Dyna-Jets

Moderator: Mike Everman

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Curtis' Dyna-Jets

Post by dynajetjerry » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi, Guys,
I recently heard some bad news about the Dyna-Jet but haven't had it confirmed, as yet. It seems Curtis Dyna-Fog, Ltd. has stopped all production and correspondence concerning the D-J. It represented such a miniscule income for the company that they decided to abandon it.
I don't know if they are open to selling off the tooling for the D-J but it might be a worthy investment for interested pj enthusiasts. I don't have sufficient money or facilities for such a venture but will offer such help as I might have, to anyone who investigates.
Jerry Wiles
Louder is always better.

Mark

Re: Curtis' Dyna-Jets

Post by Mark » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:11 pm

Here's their web page still up. I guess a phone call would confirm the demise or not.
http://www.dynafog.com/other/dynajet/index.htm
Presentation is Everything

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by dynajetjerry » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi, Gang,
I just talked to Webster Peterson at Curtis Dyna-Fog, Ltd. and he told me they have stopped all efforts concerning the Dyna-Jet. They still have a few D-J parts for sale but when they are gone, there will be no more, ever. Their fear seems to be one of liabilities concerning the engine's hazards (mostly imaginary, I believe.)
I may have a chance, later, of asking Dennis Roudebush @ CDF if there is a possibility of their selling off their D-J tooling. Webster is quite sure they will not. Sad.
Louder is always better.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I guess one could write a book about all the things that are falling by the wayside today for being deemed too dangerous.
Presentation is Everything