Hello all!

Moderator: Mike Everman

rocketjoey
Antipspambot question: 125

Hello all!

Post by rocketjoey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself properly, glad to have found a forum built for people with my same interests! Just a little about myself, I been flying RC aircraft and rockets for about 17 years now and do a lot of my own design and development. Pulse jets have always been interesting to me, my dad has two and I was fascinated from the instant I heard one bust off. As a fabricator/machinist its always been one of those back burner (no pun intended) projects I dwell on. Just ordered a set of plans for a 20lb thrust valved pulse jet motor, and will be designing an air frame for it. I am a bit of a speed fiend as well so I look forward to a fun project. I also look forward to designing and building my own motors after this one, my engineering mind just can't help but run on about what I can do to make something more efficient, faster, lighter, stronger ( you get the idea) and these seem to be a great platform for design. Anyway, look forward to sharing with all of you, thanks!

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Hello all!

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Welcome! Where are you located and can you add that to your profile?
Happy pulsejetting!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

rocketjoey
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by rocketjoey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:37 am

Thanks for the welcome, I'm located in Louisiana (USA), got that added in the profile. Anybody near the area?

Bruce Tharpe
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruce Tharpe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Joey, welcome to the forum!

I assume you got the pulsejet plans off eBay. A seller in TN has been offering plans for a 20 lb "Thurst" Pulse Jet for some time now. (The Thurst typo cracks me up). Anyway, maybe you could fill us in on what you received, and how the plans look. Kind of a mini review. Keep us updated on your progress...