My 20 lb thrust PJ Engine with 32 Argus valves

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rocket Man
Antipspambot question: 125

My 20 lb thrust PJ Engine with 32 Argus valves

Post by Rocket Man » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:33 am

My 20 lb thrust Engine has 32 Argus valves. It starts easy on propane, gas, alcohol and different fuel mixtures. Gasoline produces more power than propane, 50/50 gas kerosene produces more power that 100% gasoline. 100% Methanol produces about 50% more power than gasoline. I am using fuel injection in this video with propane. Fuel injection also works fine with gasoline, alcohol and fuel mixes. I also experemented with a venturi and a needle valve it works excellent too. I can adjust the needle valve to 100% thrust for each fuel. Fuel injection is the best. I bought a digital scale to measure thrust but this scale is worthless it locks on a weight and stays there until it is reset. I returned to my old method let the engine lift a bucket of water off the bathroom scales. It was interesting to experement to see the thrust difference of fuels and different fuel mixtures. Methanol with 2% water produces more thrust than 100% methanol. I took about 10 videos but nothing turned out good I wanted to show the thurst readings on the digital scale. Engine starts very easy on low thrust the scale locked on 4 lbs of thrust then when I throttle it up to 20 lbs and 25 lbs the scale still reads 4 lbs. The old time spring type bathroom scale works the best. I thought I posted this video several months ago but I guess I never got around to it. My camera does not show the difference when I change fuels, I can start on propane then turn on gasoline then swap to methanol the different fuels make a noticable difference in sound and thrust but the video shows the sounds to be the same all the time. Camera must have some type of built in sound volume protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwz7AvufWG4

I built a 50 lb thrust engine that runs excellent. I used it to power a bicycle running on methanol it pushes that bike faster than I want to ride it. The bike speed-0-meter was reading 50 mph and I was holding the brake to keep from going any faster the wind in my eyes was blinding me. I want to get a video of this but I need my Sons help. I want him to drive along side and get a video of me picking up speed the reading on my bike speed-0-meter and his car speed-0-meter. Next time I need goggles.

I am building a 250 lb thrust engine. I don't do much work in the shop in the summer I would rather be hiking and camping.

I am getting the stuff together to build a 1000 lb thrust PJ engine. Nothing much is happening at the moment I hope to get back to work on my projects about November when the weather is bad and I become a prisoner in my work shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwz7AvufWG4