VALVED PULSEJET WHITH LIQUID PROPANE

Moderator: Mike Everman

MARQUIS
Antipspambot question: 125

VALVED PULSEJET WHITH LIQUID PROPANE

Post by MARQUIS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Greeting everybody, I have seen a Maddox jet 50 lb thrust Cyclone , and would like to make it work with liquid Propane
Who can help me with this problem ? Thanks in advance. MARQUIS.

MARQUIS

Re: VALVED PULSEJET WHITH LIQUID PROPANE

Post by MARQUIS » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm

MARQUIS wrote:Greeting everybody, I have seen a Maddox jet 50 lb thrust Cyclone , and would like to make it work with liquid Propane
Who can help me with this problem ? Thanks in advance. MARQUIS.

74 VIEWS and no idea! no sparkle , or flash !!! I am REALLY on pulsejet forum ????? Marquis. :mrgreen:

Aiden

Post by Aiden » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:07 am

I am so glad to see that someone has inquired the same question that I had wanted to ask. Anyway, for your information, I tried to make the Maddox jet 50 lb thrust cyclone work with liquid propane but in vain as liquid propane simply won’t accept the Maddox jet 50.
Help needed in getting yamaha motorcycle parts online....

MARQUIS

Post by MARQUIS » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Aiden wrote:I am so glad to see that someone has inquired the same question that I had wanted to ask. Anyway, for your information, I tried to make the Maddox jet 50 lb thrust cyclone work with liquid propane but in vain as liquid propane simply won’t accept the Maddox jet 50.

Aiden, thanks for this "scientific" explanation.... Hello Marquis :mrgreen:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:14 am

Have you tried using a vaporizor for the propane?

A vaporizor is a radiator that allows the liquid to heat up and turn to vapor. The radiators in your home air conditioning unit has a radiator that can handle the pressure and it will work as a propane vaporizor with a fan.

You can wind a 60 ft roll of 1/4" copper tubing around the engine exhaust pipe near the combustion chamber when it gets hot it vaporized the liquid propane. You need a needle valve to adjust the fuel flow. Start the engine on vapor let it idle at low thrust after it gets hot switch over to liquid.

MARQUIS

Post by MARQUIS » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Rocket Man wrote:Have you tried using a vaporizor for the propane?

A vaporizor is a radiator that allows the liquid to heat up and turn to vapor. The radiators in your home air conditioning unit has a radiator that can handle the pressure and it will work as a propane vaporizor with a fan.

You can wind a 60 ft roll of 1/4" copper tubing around the engine exhaust pipe near the combustion chamber when it gets hot it vaporized the liquid propane. You need a needle valve to adjust the fuel flow. Start the engine on vapor let it idle at low thrust after it gets hot switch over to liquid.
Yes, I utilized this heating system for vaporized liquid propane (with great success) in valveless thermo pulsejet (see picture). But in the case of Maddox Jet 50, I don't know where to dispose the injector and also the design of this device.

By all means, great Thanks for your answer.

"The reasonable will have endured, the passionate will have lived" MARQUIS
Attachments
THERMO MARQUIS.JPG

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 am

Do you know if you use the fuel to capture the heat that radiates from your engine the fuel returns the heat to the engine and that produces more thrust. Read an engineering book on Liquid Fuel Rocket Engine Design you will learn a lot of things we can use on pulse jets. A pulse jet does not burn large volumes of fuel like a liquid fuel rocket engine so not much heat is returned back to the engine. If you put a water jacket over your engine and put a 100 psi relief valve so steam is released near the pulse jet engine exhaust the steam pressure adds thrust. The water picks up all the waste heat and makes steam and that makes thrust. There is a delay it takes a few minutes for the water to turn to steam then you get a giant serge of steam thrust for a couple of minutes then the water is gone. You can get a lot of steam thrust the more water you have the longer it takes to boil and the longer it lasts. One gallon of water will give you some unreal take off power and once it gets your vehicle up to speed the pulse jet can maintain vehicle speed.

I have put kerosene in the water jacket on my pulse jet. I have several jets mounted around the outside of the pulse jet engine. The pulse jet provides the heat to vaporize the kerosene and the kerosene powers the other jets. The center pulse jet gets the whole thing up to speed and that makes the other jets fire up and start working. Vaporized kerosene works excellent in a pulse jet engine.

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Rocket Man wrote:
I have put kerosene in the water jacket on my pulse jet. I have several jets mounted around the outside of the pulse jet engine. The pulse jet provides the heat to vaporize the kerosene and the kerosene powers the other jets. The center pulse jet gets the whole thing up to speed and that makes the other jets fire up and start working. Vaporized kerosene works excellent in a pulse jet engine.
Now that is something I'd like to see pics of.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 am

Mike Everman wrote:
Rocket Man wrote:
Now that is something I'd like to see pics of.
I built that engine about 1985. The engines were copies of a Dyna Jet. At first I was experementing with starting the engine on gas then switching over to kerosene. Later I used the kerosene vapor to run other engines. I was having a lot of trouble with the kerosene making a lot of carbon inside the copper tubing and plugging up the tubing then the engine would no longer run. The tubing was impossible to clean out the only way to make it work was replace the old tubing with new tubing. After about 6 or 7 runs it was plugged up with carbon again and the tubing needed to be replaced. We were having fun playing around with this thing at work. We had some engineers fly in from Michigan to talk to us about making parts for Chrysler Corp. One of the engineers offered me a lot of money for it more than I figured it was worth so I sold it that was 1991. I have always planned to build another one but so far I never have. I never found a cure for the carbon problem with the hot kerosene in the copper tubing either. Maybe there is a cleaner fuel that will not make carbon when it gets hot. Back in those days I didn't take photos of anything I built. Lucky I do still have a few of the old things that I built. I worked a full time job in those days and did not have much free time to build fun projects. I have been retired 6 years now I can experement and build all the projects I want. At the moment my work shop is being moved 3 miles down the road to a new location I hope to be back in business building projects in the shop by the time winter gets here.

MARQUIS

Post by MARQUIS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes,ok, very interresting, BUT we are far of my start request !
240 Forum-Gentlemen have read my question, and nothing :
"form and position possible of injector gas propane" in my Maddox jet 50 ? Thanks. MARQUIS

" The reasonable will have endured, the passionate will have lived "

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 am

MARQUIS wrote:Yes,ok, very interresting, BUT we are far of my start request !
240 Forum-Gentlemen have read my question, and nothing :
"form and position possible of injector gas propane" in my Maddox jet 50 ? Thanks. MARQUIS
" The reasonable will have endured, the passionate will have lived "

Do you have a Maddox engine?

How is it made does it have a place to connect the fuel?

Lets see a close up picture of it?

I have seen his photos on Ebay.

His engine has no way to regulate fuel, its either ON or OFF, you need a needle valve or pressure regulator, propane is 185 psi from the tank.