questions about pulse jets

Moderator: Mike Everman

dmjc66
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: questions about pulse jets

Post by dmjc66 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

Hi sorry Paul if I misconstrued your reply.
Going back to the injection of water for steam during the low pressure part of the cycle:
That will only work if the steam is not sucked back in for instance if the turbine had 2 concentric blade rings, with ducting to separate them. Its an interesting prospect if the steam was condensed through tubes in the wings etc and pumped via combustor bleed pressure round a circuit back to a very small water tank as with 'flash' steam technology.
Dave

paul fellows

Post by paul fellows » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 pm

iv been looking around the rest of the site
i think you might fined some of the stuff on subsonic ram jets interesting :)
i did not even realise that that was posible :o

re flight what is the leagal position ???? :( :( :( :(
i know in america people can build and fly prity much whatever they want, limmited only by the laws of physics, but we are in the UK :roll:
two test tickles

paul fellows

Post by paul fellows » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

:D i'v had a quick look and the leagal poition isn't that bad :D

:D first you do not nessasely need a pilots licens to fly realy light aircraft :D if they are sertifide air worthy :?

:D second if you build more than 50% of your own aircraft your self you can apply for a permition to fly :D
for the aircraft :)

:( there are all sorts of strings and caviats that come with these options; were you can fly, when you can fly and absolutly no passingers!

:D but if you want to enter your self for the Darwin award :lol: :twisted: the authorities don't want to stop you :twisted: provided you don't take anyone with you :lol:

:? check the details your self
because taking leagal addvice of some one who is dyslexic is
a step down on the inteigence stakes
from wanting to fly in a crafe held aloft by a valved pulsjet :roll:
two test tickles

paul fellows

a fail safe set up for the valves

Post by paul fellows » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 pm

im keeping this tread going incase jm66 or anyone else is thinking about flying a valved pulse jet powerd plain :o
its not the brightest of ideas :(
but this might help you survive the experiance :P

1) think about using a cylinder valve " viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5753#p69487 " its unproven technology but it may well have a longer life span then petal valve :) and this is important if your life span is to be tied to that of the valves :lol:

2) think about some sort of fail safe set up for the valves. i would sugest somting like two sets of valves, one above the other. the bottom one is working, whilst the top one is isolated from the air flow by a door. with this door being heald closed by a prop made from fusable alloy (a bar fo solder). when the bottom set of valves burns through, the suppot melts, and the door drops, closing of the broken valve and opening up the unused valve.

its not perfect but it might help a littel bit :wink:
two test tickles

paul fellows

what sort of plain 1

Post by paul fellows » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 pm

a plain that is to be powered by a pulse jet would have to be both very strong and very light :(
to me this sujests a spaceframe or geodesic designe :)
probably mede of bamboo string canvas and dope :)
don't foget the dope :D
the plain won't fly without a piolet :lol:
two test tickles

ludiluka

Post by ludiluka » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Its me again :)

Now i finish my pulso jet but i have problems with starting
here is blueprint of my pulso http://www.pulse-jets.com/ (blueprint number 7 alpha)
and here is video http://www.mojvideo.com/video-pulse-jet ... b385079424

Any idea what might be wrong ??

Luka

ludiluka

Post by ludiluka » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm

I almost forgot how many holes must have this thing. I am asking because i cant see from the blueprint. I dont know how to say
(some sort of nozzle)

paul fellows

Post by paul fellows » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm

i am on expet on pulse jets
but here is what i have picked up in the last month or so
when a pulse jet will run with a forced air supply, but stops as soon as the air is turned of. then it is not achieving Kadenacy that is it is not sucking flame back into the jet to light the next cycle.
in valved pulse jetsthis could mean ether,
your valves are staying open when they sholud be closed, so have a look at your valves see if they are damaged?
or
you have got to large of a open valve area when the valves should be open

here is a more informitive read on valved pulse jets http://www.pulse-jets.com/download/insi ... stberg.pdf

also if you start your own thread about your jet it might be viewed by more expert people. what do you get if you type "pulso" into the sites serch engine?

ps nice vidio of a ram jet :lol:
Last edited by paul fellows on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two test tickles

paul fellows

what sort of plain 2

Post by paul fellows » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm

the next question is where on the plain dose the engine go? :?
the most sucsseful manned flights to date have used gliders with jets on the wings :)
however in terms of power to weight one big jet is better then two smaller ones :?
so with one engine the options are;
above the wing.there are a number of small sea plains with the the power up there, so that is possible. :)
behind the piolt. this will take space from the cabin, and be harder to sound proof. :(
benieth the cabin. :shock: think of a moddern jet fighter, piolet on top. then the wing, and engine on the bottem :D
finaly the twisted option :twisted: an asimetric design with a large wing, with the piolet near one end and the engine near the other. :twisted: asymetric planes have flew in the past but they take more designing
two test tickles