Dyna-Jet story

Moderator: Mike Everman

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Dyna-Jet story

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi, People,
If it's not one thing, it's something else!
My 2008 Town & Country with 52,000 miles on it, threw a rod! It was out of oil and the warning lights never flashed. Oh, for the old-fashioned guages.
No warranties are in effect so I'll get the honor and thrill of coming up with $2500+ so I can conntinue to drive. I also received a $1000 statement from a local hospital for my visit there for a severe, sudden, toothache. My Medicare says that visit is not covered but I've requested a review. I've since had several root canals but, what with unkind comments of other, similarly-treated patients, won't be surprised if those teeth will need to be extracted, anyway. Nuts!
I'm tidying up my D-J story and adding much info on my deceased relatives and some of my own exploits.
Don't give up on me!
Jerry
Louder is always better.

Golddustpeak
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Golddustpeak » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:54 pm

What has happened to the Dyna-jet story?

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Sorry, Guys,
I*'m moving kinda slow, now, because I got a total knee replacement last January. While I feel my recovery is slow, the doctor and his associates assure me I'm getting along OK. At my age (86,) I should not expect a rapid or steady recovery.
I do go to the local YMCA 3 times a week to get siome helpful exercises but have not yet noticed noticed significant improv-ments.
I'm still adding material to my D-J writings but am resigned to never being completely satisfied. I've been told to call a halt to more additions and settle for what I now have (120,000 words on 220 pages; 134 pictures will increase that to about 235.)
Wish me luck!
Jerry
Louder is always better.

Golddustpeak

Post by Golddustpeak » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Keep at it.........

Would love to see it finished!

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm wishing you luck Jerry.
Presentation is Everything

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi, Guys,
I've gotten myself in a pickle and don't know how to get out of it; my work on the D-J story is on hold, for now.
The computer I've been using at our local library is obsolete and will no longer be supported by MS. Consequently, I bought an updated, 2013 version and had the library's computer consultant install it. Unfortunately, something got fouled up when the data in the old pc was transferred; It can no longer be accessed in a readable form and my 8 GB flashdrive exhibits the same flaws.
Our consultant is also at a loss as to how to make use of the material in the pc hard or the flash drives. He expects to consult with a Microsoft expert and clear up my difficulties. Until then, I can not get into my pc or alter its content. It is very frustrating but I'm still trying! Sorry.
Dynajetjerry
Louder is always better.

tufty

Post by tufty » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Aaaargh!

I would strongly suggest finding someone local who has some Linux experience, and getting them to image the old computer's hard disk and your usb key, in read only mode, using ddrescue *before* letting anyone else play with them. In fact, don't ever let anyone play with the original media unless they can guarantee they are going to do so in read-only mode or can prove that they actually need access to the physical hardware.

I'm a continent away, but if you can get me a raw image of your usb key I would happily have a look at recovering your data free of charge. I'm not a "Microsoft Expert", but my experience has been that anyone describing themselves as such is far from being the sort of people you want to let near your hardware.

Feel free to mail me offlist, simon dot stapleton at google's wonderful free mail system.

dyna-fogger_46074

Post by dyna-fogger_46074 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:22 pm

Jerry -

I'm hoping you'll see this.

I worked at Dyna-Fog for a few years and have some info that could add into your book, or at least tell you about it.

dyna-fogger_46074

Post by dyna-fogger_46074 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:02 am

orangeshirt wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:59 am
Jerry unfortunately passed away March 2023

https://www.stockerfraley.com/obituary/ ... erry-Wiles
Sad news to hear that Jerry has passed. As I mentioned, I had some info and it would've been great to close the loop with him.
I should've tried harder to find him when I first learned his name, but the pandemic was going on, and traveling to another state for meeting an elderly person (with perhaps health conditions) seemed unrealistic to pursue.

If there are those that want to hear it, post a reply to let me know, and I'll start to type it in.
It won't be earth-shattering, but it'll be a nice final chapter, that some of his stuff lives on...

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:21 pm

I would definitely like to hear what you've got. I wish I'd been more social with him, and wish he'd finished his book.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

tufty

Post by tufty » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:18 pm

I'd be interested as well.

Sad to hear the news, though. He seemed like a really nice guy.

dyna-fogger_46074

Post by dyna-fogger_46074 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Hopefully more folks will chime in.

So far, there are 3 folks that seem to be interested (Mike Everman, Tufty, and Orangeshirt).
I didn't have a minimum is for typing up some of the story, but just needed to make sure that it wasn't zero. (but more replies is better)

For those that read my longer post in here: https://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb3/viewt ... f=2&t=6779
As you can imagine, that took awhile to type and edit. So I just want there to be an audience for it.