Pulso-1

Moderator: Mike Everman

Hassan
Antipspambot question: 0

Pulso-1

Post by Hassan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Hey,

I would like to build the Pulso-1 engine with a friend of mine. I made a print of the plan to help the building process.

At first we checked the materials we can get here in Hungary, thanks god we can get everything we need, also technical help to finish the parts and assembly.

We got problem with the valves. The plan sais all of the valves must be finished from 0.15mm thick V2A steel.. that's ok, but I don't understand how to assemble them if the valves are separate from each other. I thought a disc will contain the eight valves so only one part will frame up the full valve system.

This plan also sais that we have to superpose these eight valves on each other. But if so, I don't understand what fixes these valves in a fixed position, there's no even any hole located on the legs of the valves. The other thing I can't realize, how is that only one valve can fully lay up on the partition's surface?

I downloaded the plan here: http://www.pulse-jets.com/download/pulso1.zip You can also note there is no "valvedisc" to be found on the plan.

Can you help me how to solve this problem? Or do you think it would be better to choose another type?

I put a ring around the problematic zone:

Thank you,
Hassan

PS: I was lookin for threads like this about the Pulso-1 but ain't found any...

Mike Everman

Re: Pulso-1

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Looks as if you can just tape them in place, then tighten the clamping disk. Kind of a nice way to do it, really; some burn out faster, so it keeps you from replacing the whole set when one burns out.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Hassan

Post by Hassan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Will the engine work if only one valve fits on it's hole perfectly? The rest will always have a space between the partition, the second valve will have 0.15mm, the next 0.3mm and so on... the last one will fit only with 1.05mm space.

Isn't it a workingcondition, all valves to be fit without any space to the partition?

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 pm

They should not rest on each other. There will be space between, just like a regular petal.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

francisco

Post by francisco » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 pm

hi! Cooreman Francisco'm from Argentina ..

I would commit to 2 years ago I try to make this engine. but did not seem very good. a little tight this issue of the valves, and are too harsh.

To tell the truth I do not like how the petals separate, but I prefer to change all valula .. here a picture of the valves that I built for this engine, and sends them to a friend in Spain.

porblema were the main diameter of the holes ..

I advise that you do perimero in any design program, if I am not mistaken, we had to make the holes smaller and larger valves that do not settle for so little part.

greetings to your help and I am!

ahh! council staff! Buscate another model! not .. rather a 90 or xp kb70! greetings

sorry my english! google traducer...
Attachments
Imagen031.jpg
pulse 1 valveled
Imagen031.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
"I DONT`T SUFFER OF MADNESS, I ENJOY IT CONTINUALLY"

fran_rio88@hotmail.com

noclassmac1972

Post by noclassmac1972 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am

The older designs from Eastern europe used the individual petals due to the fact they could only get the spring steel in narrow strips. If they could of got the wider strips they would of made the full flower design of petals.

Individual petals would/are very difficult to set up and make it in the too hard basket for most people. Remember the valves need to seal well to make a easy starting engine. So my recomendation would be to make the full flower design jsust for easy of use..

Regards
Robert Bolton

PS: I have uploaded up some new jet flights on my youtube page so look me up :-)