Self-starting VALVED ! ! ! (patent)

Moderator: Mike Everman

jmbarrio
Antipspambot question: 0

Self-starting VALVED ! ! ! (patent)

Post by jmbarrio » Tue May 20, 2008 5:31 am

Hi guys. I have found this interesting patent of an air-less or self-starting VALVED pulse jet...yes I said VALVED.
It ' really rare design.take special attention to the valve system.It's a flooping diaphragm between two plates with holes.
I don't know if it really works, I supossed if it's patented it should. waiting for your comments.
Attachments
Pulse jet fogger patentpdf.pdf
(192.66 KiB) Downloaded 655 times

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: Self-starting VALVED ! ! ! (patent)

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue May 20, 2008 5:59 pm

It should work, but it's almost certainly useless for anything but fogging. The diaphragm valve is slow, with great inertia and cannot follow the pressure swings in the engine quickly enough to be very effective. Good for what it is, but not good as an engine, I'm afraid.

jmbarrio

Post by jmbarrio » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:58 pm

I don 't know if it won't be an effective engine. (in terms of power).
Someone has tried this kind of valve arrangement before? (the flooping diaphragm)...if someone has, what where the results?.

Al Belli

Post by Al Belli » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi,

Figure 29 in the Russian pulsejet manual shows two rectangular floppy valves, but since I can't read Russian I don't know what the article says.

Al Belli

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi, Guys,

Some time in the early 1950s, a German company developed and sold a hand-carried insecticidal fog generator, called the "Sving Nebler," that employed a resilient material, disc valve. While working for Curtis in 1953-54, we acquired one and I ran it many times, finally dismantling it to study its innards. Very ingenious, it worked well and the valve lasted quite a while.

We developed what became the Curtis Dyna-Fog, Jr. (still made,) employing several (unpatentable,) features of the S-N. Aeromarine's earlier DFG, Jr. was water-cooled and was a nuisance because of its weight, size, and the need to replenish the water. When Russell Curtis bought Aeromarine and I joined his company, we abandoned the original concept. I still have the original in my backyard shed, along with an early Curtis DFG, Jr.

Jerry
Louder is always better.