Making pulsejet noises in Muncie

Moderator: Mike Everman

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Making pulsejet noises in Muncie

Post by dynajetjerry » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi, Guys,

I've been in touch with people at AMA headquarters in Muncie about a few of us getting together and firing up some of our p-js. However, no one has, as yet, replied to my specific questions.

I suspect that all of us who plan to take our p-js there (assuming we will be allowed to do so,) will be obliged to become members of the AMA. An Introductory Membership, good for 90 days from date of acceptance, is available for $20. A regular membership costs about $50 per calendar
year.

Jerry
Louder is always better.

ZSartell

Post by ZSartell » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks Jerry,

$20 seems more than reasonable to me. I look forward to hearing more about this.

heada

PJ in Muncie

Post by heada » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:48 am

As I fly rockets there all the time (as part of a separate group) but would like to get into some of the RC controlled rockets as well as downlinked video, I'd sign up for the annual membership. $50 per year is cheaper than the $62 a year I pay for my NAR membership.

If it could be scheduled for a weekend that we have an FAA waiver, I can bring out some of my big rockets (8 1/2 foot tall, 30 pounds...sending it up for 4000 feet)

-Aaron

dynajetjerry

Noises at Muncie

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:25 pm

Aaron,

I am aware that rockets have been launched at AMA Headquarters in Muncie but my request that we play there did not include the possibility of rocketry.

As of right now, I've heard no specific info on our visit, having been informed that they are still kicking it around. There seems to be questions as to jurisdiction, liabilities, membership requirements, etc. Perhaps we should avoid such problems by taking up JetBill on his offer. Of course, at his place, I doubt your rockets would be well received.

Jerry
Louder is always better.

dynajetjerry

P-J noises at Muncie

Post by dynajetjerry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi, Gang,
I learned almost nothing at Toledo, yesterday, pertaining to Muncie. However, I was with Doug Dalke and he suggested we assemble at Wittman Field in Oshkosh, this summer. He's an EAA volunteer there and assured me there would be plenty of interested spectators and potential members pf the Forum. Timing would be important and none of us would need to join EAA. I don't have suitable dates at this time but know my drive would add up to about 500 mi., each way.
Doug also mentioned the availability of campsites and other amenities. Considering that Wittman hosts the largest collection of aviation nuts and private planes in the world, every year, I'm sure he knows whereof he speaks.
I reckon I will make it there (reluctantly,) if others in the Forum will also attend with their p-js.
Whatcha say?
Jerry
Louder is always better.

dynajetjerry

A p-j get-together

Post by dynajetjerry » Wed May 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Let's have a show of hands and suggestions.
All in favor of visiting JetBill and firing up our pulsejets there, say "Aye."
All in favor of going elsewhere and making rude noises, say "Aye."
All in favor of trying, again, to get permission for Muncie, say "Aye."
All in favor of giving up on the whole project, say "Aye."

Jerry
Louder is always better.

dynajetjerry

p-j get-together

Post by dynajetjerry » Wed May 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Sorry, I omitted another option:
All in favor of trying Doug Dalke's suggestion that we gather in Oshkosh, say "Aye."
Jerry
Louder is always better.