More about my pulsejet

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mathias
Antipspambot question: 0

More about my pulsejet

Post by Mathias » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:22 pm

Good, my pulsejet is carbureted, I use normal gasoline!!!! . I modified a Dyna jet engine and my suply line is not grater then 3mm in diameter, my pulse jet starts to run but than it stops ( it run not more then 1 second, I feel it whants to go away, but!!!!),i thing there is problem whit thi carburation, is the line I use to small, if yes what a diameter I have to use.

Mark

Re: More about my pulsejet

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:48 pm

Mathias wrote:Good, my pulsejet is carbureted, I use normal gasoline!!!! . I modified a Dyna jet engine and my suply line is not grater then 3mm in diameter, my pulse jet starts to run but than it stops ( it run not more then 1 second, I feel it whants to go away, but!!!!),i thing there is problem whit thi carburation, is the line I use to small, if yes what a diameter I have to use.
How is your Dynajet modified? Is the 3 mm tubing an inside or outside diameter? Have you checked the little metering jet fuel apparatus to see if it is clear of any particle that could be stuck inside the fuel dispensing outlet. Are your reeds perfectly centered over the holes? Does your gas tank allow air so as no vacuum forms in the fuel tank? Is your fuel level in your fuel line close enough to the intake? Or maybe it is flooding and becoming too rich. Is it hot and humid where you live or are you at a high altitude? Do they add ethanol to your gas in Brazil? Are your reeds flat and in good shape?
Are you using enough mojo? It could be any number of things or several little things all adding up against you. Just keep playing with it and the answer will come to you. Be sensitive. Try changing some variable.
Mark