Valve Grid plans?? Help

Moderator: Mike Everman

NanoSoft
Antipspambot question: 125

Valve Grid plans?? Help

Post by NanoSoft » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:21 am

Hey everyone. I have been looking at this site for a while and i finally decided to build a pulsejet. i finished a dynajet and im moving up. I need plans or pictures of a valve grid so i can try to design one to fit the dynajet as a experiment to see if it increases thrust. Plus i need them because im going to build a 50 lb thrust jet next. Thanks everyone

Timbo
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Timbo » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:59 am

The SRL website has some interesting pictures. No.13 is particuarly revealing for getting an idea of the construction.

http://www.srl.org/machines/v1/pix/

Pieter van Boven

Post by Pieter van Boven » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:12 pm

this link was posted a few weeks ago.

http://updates.webchamps.com/pulsejets

I think it was the first file that contains plans for an easy to make valvegrid. If you built it, please show it here!

Pieter.

NanoSoft
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by NanoSoft » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:14 am

Thanks. But i already looked at he file to the 6 x 4 engine and its good but if someone has built one i would really like to see it. The v1 is awesome altough i can't build a valve head that complicated very easliy.

cbromano

Post by cbromano » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:55 am

I was going to do a better job of laying this out and then posting this later but since it was brought up I would appreciate comments.

I am building a pulsejet off of Eric Beck’s calculator for a 25lb of thrust. I tried to keep the valves to fit in a 3x3 square. I did this so that I could put the assembly into a square whole milled into the head.

I was hoping on making the red parts out of .05 titanium, the blue retainers out of stainless, and the green plate out of aluminum. I would hold the spring steel in half by folding it in half and screwing the retainer into place over it. The retainer would be held down by 2: 10-24x5/8 screws that go through each side. What thickness of spring steel should I use?

The view on the right is how I plan on cutting the metal. The actual openings sum up to 5.184 sq.in. How much of that area will be usable? I was told that when making the head, the opening should taper down to a diameter that is equal to the effective valve area. I don’t know how efficient it will be.

I don’t know how machining titanium is going to work. If that fails I plan on using 0.1 stainless steel. Hopefully this will assemble quickly and I will post pictures.

Thanks
Chris Romano
Attachments
Valve Dim.jpg
Valve Dim.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 7124 times
Valve 3d.jpg
Valve 3d.jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 7124 times
I don't wish to know everything.
I just wish not to be ignorant.