She's Up For Grabs, Boys

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

She's Up For Grabs, Boys

Post by Mike Kirney » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:36 am

Don't pass this up!!! Be the winning bidder on this lovingly crafted, solid steel honey of jet:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 3703868811

Be aware, IT HAS NOT PULSED YET, BUT IT REALLY WANTS TO.

MajorDick

Post by MajorDick » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:02 am

Not to be well....a MajorDick or anything but....

How can it be a "1/3 scale replica of the engine that powered the dreaded V-1 flying bomb from WWII" when the valve design is different ?

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:38 am

Look buddy, there are two pics and a full description. Either you wanna buy it, or you don't. I am very sorry the text is inaccurate. Please allow me to clarify... it's PRETTY FUCKING CLOSE but not an exact replica. The duct is roughly 1/3rd the size of the Argus in all dimesions. Obviously, a guy building building a jet from sheets of metal and using simple hand tools doesn't have the zinc casting equipment the goddamn Nazis did, so he just had to make something up for the valves. I actually had constructed a valve array that more closely approximated the original, but it didn't work at all. This new one at least shows a modicum of promise. Both devices can be included, but the first one is a real paperweight.

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:14 pm

Okay, I changed it. It's now a 1/3rd scale 'interpretation' of the Argus. I cleaned up the HTML and there has also been a Wal-Mart style price rollback. Bidding on the T-Jet now starts at $165 US.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 3703868811

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:26 pm

Mike.

Can I offer you some advice.

Your pictures are

1) Too dark.
2) There's not enough of them
3) Don't show any detail.

The wording in your add is ok, but the pictures leave a lot to be desired. There's lot of free hosting sites for ebay pics..
I use photopile

http://photopile.com/start.htm

Another nice little tool is TurboLister

http://pages.ebay.com/turbo_lister/

Nice quick way to make your adds up with HTML...

Hopefully you're not insulted.

TTYL.

Good Luck

Paul... :)

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:59 am

Don't worry, I'm not insulted. I got a little emotional over Major Dick's comments but I've calmed down. It's my first listing so I guess I'm a little over-anxious. The pics are kinda dark. It was overcast the day I took them. They seemed to give a good impression of the jet though. You can see almost all the welding in the one pic, and the second one showing the valveplate is very clear. I'm actually going to scrub off the surface rust with some steel wool tomorrow or the next day, so I will take some new pics after that. Perhaps I'll fix the page up a little tomorrow. Nobody ever bids till the last minute anyway.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:56 pm

This came from an ebay auction about 2 years ago. It should give you an idea of what I'm talking about...
Attachments
i-1_B.jpg
i-1_B.jpg (12.07 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
i-2_B.jpg
i-2_B.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
i-3_B.jpg
i-3_B.jpg (14.01 KiB) Viewed 14257 times

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:33 pm

wow. how much did that sell for?
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:29 pm

Not bad eh?
Attachments
2nd pic of ebay set.jpg
(204.49 KiB) Downloaded 674 times

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:49 pm

Forgot to mention, the seller of that particular pulsejet, is the same person who's been selling the Argus type drone pulsejet for the last couple of months at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=26437

He's very professional, and extremely well connected somewhere along the line.

:)

/wish I had his connections...

Pieter van Boven

Post by Pieter van Boven » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:41 pm

Some time ago, in the old forum, there was a discussion about earning money with making/selling pulsejets. Looking to these advertisements, it looks to me that the pulsejet-market is getting more interesting day by day.
A few days ago I posted a link to a self made pulsejet (2x pulso). At the moment the highest bid is almost 200Euro. And that's for an engine that has never run.

Pieter.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:07 pm

Principal Skinner wrote:Not bad eh?
What???? $ 800 ?????? Eight hundred? Jesus. I should have put more effort into BCVP development. I should be putting more effort into the development of SP-10. I am wasting my time in the publishing industry!

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:10 pm

Don't make a career change, yet. Seems like a lot, but if the worldwide market is 10 per year at that price, the math is entirely too simple! ;-P
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:37 am

brunoogorelec wrote:
Principal Skinner wrote:Not bad eh?
What???? $ 800 ?????? Eight hundred? Jesus. I should have put more effort into BCVP development. I should be putting more effort into the development of SP-10. I am wasting my time in the publishing industry!
You're in the publishing industry?

That's great !

How do I get an literary agent, or get published?...Hmmmm, more threadjacking.

*edited out now....thanks.. :)

Thanks..

:)
Last edited by paul skinner on Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:04 pm

Principal Skinner wrote:How do I get an literary agent, or get published?
The short answer is "with great difficulty". Getting published takes enormous patience and perseverance.

Talking to an agent before you have published anything of note is pointless. Agents want to work with published writers, not budding writers.

Try to find a number of publishers that publish the kind of stuff you write. Send them manuscripts. The manuscript should look as standard as possible -- try to find out hints on what a manuscript should look like for submission.

You will be rejected 19 times out of 20 or perhaps 49 times out of 50. Don't let it discourage you. That's more or less standard. Continue with submissions. Hope. Pray. Write more. Submit more.