Pulsejet docs and plans, come and get em while theyre hot

Moderator: Mike Everman

MajorDick
Antipspambot question: 0

Pulsejet docs and plans, come and get em while theyre hot

Post by MajorDick » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:32 am

Hello all,

I am new to this fourm, I have been a pulsejet junkie for many years and have put together some pretty extensive (mostly historical technical) documents on the engines, I have not had time to build my latest design, BUT I plan to start this week as I just got access to my tools again from storage after 5 moves in 3 years. WHILE I was double checking some information I found some docs I thought had been lost some 10 years ago, So I grabbed a scanner and decided to put them on the web once and for all (even If I loose them again at least someone will have them:)

Here is what I have

1) 4" x 6" Pulsejet engine Project , Cornell Aeronautical Labratory June 30 1947 (These are plans for a pulsejet engine of traditional design) 9 pages

2) History of German Guided Missiles Development 1957 (Great techincal info , drawings and refrence) 19 pages

3)Project Squid , Technical Memorandum PR-4 , The Aero-Resonator Power Plant of the V-1 Flying Bomb (This is the doc to end all docs 72 pages of designs, theory, formulas you name it) 72 pages

4)A short history of the development of the German Argus AS 109-014 Pulse Jet Engine by the Ford Motor Company (39 Pages of stuff nothing real special mostly very light high level history of the Ford copy of the Argus) 39 Pages.

I scanned these into text searchable PDF's Their quality is directly based on the quality of the originals (or OLD xerox copies) of what I had but hey there good stuff and theyre FREE !

ALL of this info is Public Domain, meaning do with it as you will, copy , fold spindle mutilate, Post it on your website, distribute it on CD whatever.

THE ONLY THING I ASK, is that if you post it to your website you give me credit for the scans and provide a link to my website. I dont think thats too much to ask for scanning these. I will also put a reciprocal link on my page to your site.

The page is new and sorta just thrown up for you all to download these files, but I plan to put up a project progress of my new engine.

The website it http://updates.webchamps.com/pulsejets

The first 2 are on there now and the Project Squid should be by midnight or so as I am still scanning it.

Have fun

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Chris Wertman

resosys

Post by resosys » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:11 am

Chris,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for scanning and posting your documents to the net.

Do you have any details about your designs?

Thanks,

Chris

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:15 am

Thanks for the info. We are always glad to receive more pulsejet information around here.
Maybe we could get these uploaded to the pulse-jets.com server and listed under the pulsejets section?

Thanks, I will have to see about printing these off Monday morning of the schools laser printer.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:05 pm

Chris, thanks a whole lot! Very kind of you.

Andrew Parker

Post by Andrew Parker » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Bruno,

Can you please check Chris's file #2: History of  German Guided Missiles Development ( A G A R D First Guided Missiles Seminar Munich Germany April 1956)? Is it the same as the Schmidt-Gosslau articles I submitted earlier? If it is, Chris, could you please post as much of the bibliographic information as you can? I had copied the Schmidt and Gosslau articles many years ago, but had neglected to copy a title page from the report. I had deduced from the text that they were part of an AGARD conference from the mid to late fifties, but could not find any such report on the AGARD website. Anyway, there had been some interest expressed by others on the forum about obtaining a copy of the complete conference report.

Thanks,

Andrew Parker

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:09 pm

Andrew, the document is the second part of the papers you have provided. The first part of your collection is not in it.

I absolutely loved the Ford document though. The pictures of the huge pulsejet factory made me cream my pants.

In the longer term, the Project Squid papers will be the most interesting, I think.
Attachments
Ford_pulsejet_factory01.jpg
Ford_pulsejet_factory01.jpg (250.9 KiB) Viewed 17416 times

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:37 pm

Agreed, I've really been enjoying the Squid in a random fashion. Preparing to read front to back, thanks Chris.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Pieter van Boven

Post by Pieter van Boven » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:33 pm

Great pieces of information, Thanks!
I have a problem with saving the project squid paper to my computer (the other 3 are no problem). Can somebody please send me a copy or can somebody tell me what to do to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Pieter.

Andrew Parker

Post by Andrew Parker » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:01 am

Bruno,

I finally downloaded the AGARD document (I am cursed with a 26400bps maximum on my phone line, unless I want to pay extra for DSL service). It appears to be a renumbered photocopy of the original Gosslau article. The title page should help in tracking down the original conference report.

Just hope that the SQUID archives remained at Princeton and not at a military facility. There is a tale of truckloads of irreplaceable documents from a US military library (to remain nameless) being buried or burned on orders of the new base commander, because no one had requested them in the previous five years. That senseless act of administrative efficiency destroyed nearly every trace of thousands of hours of study and experimentation over a thirty year period.

Andrew Parker

Thos9

Re: Pulsejet docs and plans, come and get em while theyre hot

Post by Thos9 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:55 am

Hi - I'd love to get em but there seems to be a problem with the site http://updates.webchamps.com/pulsejets

Kind regards

Thos9

motthomas
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by motthomas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 pm

You can get most of them using the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/200407271046 ... pulsejets/

You cant get the project squid file though... anyone have this one they can post up somewhere?

michael.guzzi
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by michael.guzzi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but it IS possible to get the squid report from the wayback machine. Just use the "save link as" and you should be able to download it. Maybe this helps somebody someday.

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi, Guys,
Andrew's story about the destruction of archival material reminds me of a corollary: It seems a federal edict was issued to reduce the mass of documents being stored. With that in mind, most documents were to be copied on microfiche or similar miniature media before the originals were to be destroyed. However, no one was officially authorized to get rid of the originals so one brave soul took it on himself to solve that problem. He ordered the destruction of the papers BUT ONLY AFTER THE ORIGINALS HAD BEEN DUPLICATED IN TRIPLICATE!!!
O ye of little faith, we do have wise people in government!
Jerry
Louder is always better.