RC V-1

Moderator: Mike Everman

Hassan
Antipspambot question: 0

RC V-1

Post by Hassan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:03 pm

Hello,

I want to start build a new Radio controlled model aircraft. And i would like a V-1 flying "bomb" which datas you can find lower:

Wingspan: 1630 mm /ca 64 inch/
Fuselage length: 2285 /ca 90 inch/

The empty and the takeoff wieght is unfortunately unknown :(

http://www.vth.de/shop/shopfiles/produc ... =1&sparte=

The plan's description says i need this engine for it: Pulsostrahltriebwerk "Pulso 1" (MT/K 405)

But i could not find it :( If you have any ideas what kind of pulse jet engine is the perfect for this please tell me! And i would be more happy if you can advice me a webshop for it.

Thank you.
Hassan H.

Fricke
Antipspambot question: 125

re: RC V-1

Post by Fricke » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:57 pm

mk

Post by mk » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:14 pm

Even easier and cheaper: Go to the http://www.pulse-jets.com main page, select "pulsejet" in the top bar, and voila, there you will find not only the "Pulso 1" blueprint.
mk

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:28 am

The problem is the V1 is a cruise missle. Cruise missiles arent made for sharp turns, or manuvers that you would need a RC plane to do. The wings and all control surfaces will have to be very much larger, or it will literally fall out of the sky.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

lucky rookie

Post by lucky rookie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:13 am

i had built a v-1 model a few years ago and the very reason that eric said is why its not alive today ....it was bpj (before pule jets ) so it was a ducted fan which looked good but the touque of the motor used to make it uncontrollable and even in a glide it was only very slightly controllable

i could imagine with the power of a pj it would be impossible
i WILL get this pulsjet running even if my wife says i wont

leo

Re: re: RC V-1

Post by leo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:56 am

Eric wrote:The problem is the V1 is a cruise missle. Cruise missiles arent made for sharp turns, or manuvers that you would need a RC plane to do. The wings and all control surfaces will have to be very much larger, or it will literally fall out of the sky.

Eric
If you made it light enough it probably would be no problem.

Najm

Post by Najm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:45 am

Larry Cottrill made a working V-1 model, if I remember correctly, he increased the surface area of the wings to increase lift.
But it was contol line model.
Ask him more about it, he knows better.

mk

Post by mk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:50 am

This V-1 RC model was flown and landed quite properly during the "Days of Thunder" in Rothenburg/Neiße (FRG) on 2006-05-27.

The model was rather slow though, when compared to other models, but not quite slow. The builder claimed the necessarity for usage of quite a bit Pb in the front of the model to balance it good enough.
So because of the wight proper landing, in fact, has been the largest problem. Especially the decceleration distance. Almost unnecessary to say he crashed the model some time before.

Here you can find more pictures of the event.
Last edited by mk on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mk

Hassan

Post by Hassan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks for the sudden help!! Do I have any chance to buy the Pulso I engine somewhere, instead of building it?

mk

Post by mk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:26 pm

You could try some online auctions, but I have never heard of a "Pulso 1" selling. You will have to build it or a similar sized one most probably.
mk

Hassan

Post by Hassan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:14 pm

Ok, i will try!

MJD

Re: re: RC V-1

Post by MJD » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm

Eric wrote:The problem is the V1 is a cruise missle. Cruise missiles arent made for sharp turns, or manuvers that you would need a RC plane to do. The wings and all control surfaces will have to be very much larger, or it will literally fall out of the sky.

Eric
Nope. The V-1 has sufficient wing area in scale form to fly fine unless you build it far too heavy. The impression is does not likely comes from the rotund body, but if you build the body reasonably light there is no problem. The scale airfoil has got to go, and should be replaced by something a little more useful.

Jorg Vogelsang's V-1's flew pretty darn well - I think footage is on the 1987 or 1988 QSAA rally video.