Turbo (Space) Heater?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Berzerker
Antipspambot question: 0

Turbo (Space) Heater?

Post by Berzerker » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:08 am

Hi all,

I'm new and preparing to build my first Jet. I actually want to build a Turbine Jet, but i figured starting with a Pulse jet might help me throught the learning curve and can be alot of fun too.

Before i was able to find this site i spent alot of time Brain Storming on avaliable materials. When it struck me that a friend of mine was just telling me last week that a mouse ruined his Turbo heater he uses to heat his Garage. Theese are basicly Jet's in loose concept arent they??

My question is, did i just stubmle into a Plethora of parts for my jet? Fuel pump, ignitors, ect.???
Or has someone already went this route without success?

Just wonderd before i drug it home and started ripping it appart.

Rescyou

Jets

Post by Rescyou » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:09 am

Turbine combustion runs at very high RPM and fairly high heat. Unless this heater is an APU of some sort I highly doubt that it will function as you intend. If you are looking for the el'cheapo version of a turbine, buy an old turbo from the junkyard. Do you have a make/model/picture of this device? You should probably move this thread into the appropriate section.

S.
The mind of a man is the man himself.

Berzerker

Post by Berzerker » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:28 am

No, I'm building a pulse engine from a blueprint.

The parts i was interested in from the heater where the Fuel Pump

The ignitor

Possably the injector.

I never intended to build the engine out of the heater, just scavange tome parts. I still dont know what i'm gonna use for a fuel pump, and if i can get some decient pressure out of that one it would be great.

I had planned to go with thetraditional spark plug idnitor, but if the heater has a better setup i'd go for it.

Here is the style heater i'm talking about.

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i'm new.

Rescyou

I C the Light

Post by Rescyou » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:26 pm

You are posting in the correct place, misunderstood your intention.

You should be able to find all sorts of goodies within that heater. Myself, I would take the heater apart and see if I could fix it and sell the thing and buy parts with the $$ I got.

If you are planning to get into pulse-jets I would recommend going the direction of a Bailey or a Dyna-jet as a first attempt as many a newbie has tried and failed in the creation of something custom the first time around. Lemme know what kinda goodies you find if in fact you dissect the thing, I always wanted to know what gadgets were within the things.

S.
The mind of a man is the man himself.