valveless "valved" pulsejet

Moderator: Mike Everman

liti
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: re: valveless "valved" pulsejet

Post by liti » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:30 am

NickC wrote: It sounds kinda like you don't understand the basic concept of pulse jets.
thats "kinda" true :wink:

thanks for all you're reactions guys!
i'll read the article and when i have more questions ill come back 8)

tim
during promising buzz-bomb researchers what however other comparativelu also small a US powerplant aircraft the early simple power by cumbersome reductors hang engine facing of dubious modern any after improvements can

liti

re: valveless "valved" pulsejet

Post by liti » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:51 am

we have been looking for materials to build a PJ, but we found out it is to difficult to completely build a PJ in the way it is proposed here.
we found a pretty simple looking design on this site: http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/noweld_pulsejet.shtml

the problem is that the constructionprocedure is described on the cd wich we obviously dont have, and witch we dont want to buy because we already have to pay the whole project ourselves and we are poor students :wink: so we do not wanna add another 60 dollars, also because we only need the construction-instructions for that No-weld pulsejet.

does anyone have this cd and can he/she send the constructionpages and so on from only the no weld PJ to me?
thanks in advance!!!!
during promising buzz-bomb researchers what however other comparativelu also small a US powerplant aircraft the early simple power by cumbersome reductors hang engine facing of dubious modern any after improvements can

NickC

Post by NickC » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:37 am

he won't send you the CD anyway so save your money. get eric's CD and make a valveless. It's only like $15 and it should answer a lot of your questions.

liti

Post by liti » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:29 pm

its 40 dollars for the cd and it has to be shipped from new zealand to holland, that would take and a lot of time wich we do not have and cost about another 40 dollars for shipping

NickC

Post by NickC » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 pm

for simpson's CD. not eric's.

Eric, as the eric on these forums, sells CDs for ~$15 and it would be like $2 more or something to go to holland.

liti

Post by liti » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm

yeah but does his cd contain a construction-description of the no weld PJ from the guy from aardvark??
ich dont sink zo
and as i explained before: its to difficult and to expensive to find the materials we need to build a normal PJ

2nd thing: do you know this mr simpson? ive send him an email 4 days ago but he hasnt respond since.
IF you know him, what is is correct email adres?

thanx again

NickC

Post by NickC » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 pm

don't know him, but I believe he quit using his website or it's e-mail. why does it have to be no weld? there are plenty of professional welders out there. I believe there is like 3 lines of weld on a valved PJ and about 4-5 on an FWE or chinese valveless. how much is stainless in germany?

Anders Troberg

Post by Anders Troberg » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:03 pm

2nd thing: do you know this mr simpson? ive send him an email 4 days ago but he hasnt respond since.
There are many people who have had business with him, and the general consensus about his business practices seems to be that he is good at accepting payment, but very bad at actually shipping something. Caution is advised.

----

Some general advice on your project:

Slow down. Read some of the documentation that is available (there's lots of it here). Make sure you grasp the basics. Then build a simple engine, I would suggest a jam jar (there are cheap (2€ or so) aluminium bottles that's popular now which I suspect would be a perfect jam jar if you don't run them for too long). By that time, you have probably spotted some suitable scrap metal for a better engine and have the knowledge needed to make an engine with a decent chance of success.

At the moment, it feels a bit like you are trying to construct a computer without basic knowledge of electronics. You need to climb a few steps on the ladder before you are ready to go for your goal.

MB

Post by MB » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:47 am

I don't believe Mr. Simpson from aardvark.co.nz is shipping CDs anymore. He simply posts all the content on-line, and you can purchase access to it. However, he hasn't finished the production of the step-by-step video anyway, so this would probably not be the right choice for you right now.

Suffice it to say, that his design is to simply go to the department store or hardware store, and find a "combustion chamber" looking item made from stainless steel, and go to the plumbing department and find some tubing the right size and material, and just scavage your components with a hack-saw and assemble it all with hose-clamps.

But the general rule of PJ design is that the smaller the engine, the more critical the dimensions are, so be sure of your specifications before you go off with Mum to the market.
The bigger the boys, the louder their toys.

Mike Spike

Post by Mike Spike » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:00 pm

Just build the FWE from Erics site! http://www.beck-technologies.com/freeplans.html
(scroll down to the last pics, that's mine) I've built it for just under $100!
I't culdn't be more simple! Just follow the plans and make NO changes and it will work great!

/Mike
Last edited by Mike Spike on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Mike Spike wrote:Just build the FWE from Erics site! http://www.beck-technologies.com/freeplans.html
(scroll down to the last pics, that's mine) I've built it for just under 100$!
I't culdn't be more simple! Just follow the plans and make NO changes and it will work great!

/Mike

Just under $100?? What did you make it from, platinum?

You can build a FWE for $0.00 if you look around. If you go buy new stainless, there might be $10.00 worth in a FWE.

Mike Spike

Post by Mike Spike » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Well that's included all new stainless used, the ignition,
a new propane bottle and a cuple of $ for the welding
that my neighbour did. To be exact it was $97.

/Mike
If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:55 pm

liti wrote:2nd thing: do you know this mr simpson? ive send him an email 4 days ago but he hasnt respond since.
IF you know him, what is is correct email adres?
Mate (Liti) I see your talking about the pulsejet plans from bruce simpson, fact is, if you did purchase a cd it would probably not arrive before 2012. On the aardvark forums is the best place to contact him for an immediate response... HOWEVER, he has many people who purchased their cd's more then a year ago who still haven't recieved them because he has been robbed many times and things just dont seem to work out for him. I know many people who have sent emails with no reply, he is pretty much inundated so dont take it personally, but you will probably never get one back. Here is another idea for a no weld pulsejet for you also from his site... I think its easier then the one you posted, as no parts list were given.
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/noweld.shtml

I made my first pulsejet from scrap paint bins! Cost me $0!! (Lol no platinum)
(I dont think i ever posted that I finally got it working-not much thrust, very finiky - but the point is IT WORKED!) by copying Erics plans. All i had was a hacksaw, a shovel handle to bend the metal around, and a MIG welder (though buy a TIG if your really gonna get into this stuff)

If your really desperate, a good idea would be to go to a car wrecker, and ask the guy for some old scrap mufflers, and other scrap metals that might be lying around, and just TRY AND TRY till you get it going... took me nearly 2 hours to get my pulsejet started, and like the guys here told me, NEVER GIVE UP! I'm going to the wreckers tomorrow for some mufflers and other scrap myself, if your new to this, no point wasting good money on good quality metals till you get some experience.

MB

Post by MB » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 pm

In all fairness to Bruce Simpson. He says on his web site that all the contents of the CD are now available on-line and is no longer distributing the CDs (any anyone who has one can get on-line). I registered for it with my credit card (it was charged by PayPal) last week, and I got a nice little note from him with my password a day or two later.
The bigger the boys, the louder their toys.

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:19 am

Just to re-itterate, i have no hard feelings/animosity... hell i dont know the man, just saying i've spoken to quite a few who never heard back nor got their cds, and yes like Liti mentioned its all online now... was just trying to let Liti know not to expect an email back soon... I think bruce did some wonderful work, and I occasionally post on his forum. When I first found the idea of pulsejets it was on his site, and he got robbed again like 2 months ago the poor bloke.
Cheers,
Lol @ BS...hehe I was considering buying that online download, along with one of erics cd's, good to know his download works. I feel comfortable in the fact though i can just jump on here and talk to Eric "keyboard to keyboard" so to speak though. Lol, makes any purchases more comfortable for sure.