Old postings?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Troy R. Legner
Antipspambot question: 0

Old postings?

Post by Troy R. Legner » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:16 pm

Gentlemen,
I am wondering if we should look at our prior posting subjects and select those that are the most interesting to repost them here. This might allow them to be addressed again. We have lost some good topics due to current postings over running the older ones before that feature was changed. I'm affraid that a lot of ideas could be lost. This forum might provide a better means to catalog ideas. There have been several books worth of information on pulse jet engine research posted.
I would think that those old ideas can be better revisted.
What are your opinions?
Thanks, Troy Legner

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:28 pm

Hey Troy good to hear from you buddy how the devil are you, Same concerns and ideas at this end.

I would hate to see the old archive vanish or people forget to use it.

Viv

kenneth
Site Admin

Post by kenneth » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:19 pm

Viv wrote:Hey Troy good to hear from you buddy how the devil are you, Same concerns and ideas at this end.

I would hate to see the old archive vanish or people forget to use it.

Viv
hi Viv

the old archive will not vanish as long my page exsist

kenneth

Graham C. Williams

Old postings

Post by Graham C. Williams » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:23 am

Dear Kenneth.
You may have an opportunity to make a few bob here and defray the costs of the site. Offer the content of the old site on CD at some nominal price. You could do it in raw data form, or HTML and ship the CD’s from your home address.
I don't know how big the entire content is, but if too big, perhaps one year per CD and let the purchaser edit out all the rubbish. Like the others I agree, you have too much good information on this site.
Best Regards
Graham.

Troy R. Legner

Post by Troy R. Legner » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:05 pm

Gentlemen,
I like the CD idea. Someday, someone will spend time reading through them and begin to put topics together that were months, or even years apart. That could very well end up unlocking a new concept. I might try and look at some of the postings I have written in the past. I will see what has remained valid, or unproven, and repost them. We have new people now that have never seen them. They might provide a new prospective to an old idea. We shall see.
Troy L.